I can't believe it!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Flagirl, Mar 12, 2001.

1. Flagirl

Flagirl Well-Known Member

I applied for a Citibank Aadvantage card a couple of weeks ago online, and it had told me at the time that it would take time to process it, and I went to my mailbox today and guess what I found!! I got the silver card with a $5000 limit!!! I am so excited!
    I had a question, though. The logo on my card says citi with the arch over it and my boyfriend's gold card that he got a few months ago has the entire name citibank on it. Has anyone else noticed this?

I just want to say thank you to everyone on this board...I was below sub-prime before I started reading this board, and now I have a CITIBANK MASTERCARD!! I'm so happy. There's still more work to do, though. I can't wait until my reports are PERFECT!!!
    Thanks everyone!

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Congrats Fla!!! Hope I am as successful as you!! I am just glad to see this all works and has worked out for you. Don't overspend that limit! :))) Cheers -Dave

3. Marsha

Marsha Guest

Flagirl how is your credit. New? BK, Chargeoff etc. Please tell us , I am thinking of trying to get the card.

Thank you,

Marsha

4. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Wonderful for you! I got the same message and I assumed I was turned down, you've given me a little hope! My message said it would take up to 30 days...did you get the same message?
    Also, has anyone been instantly turned down on their site?
    Way to go!

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

Seems as though folks are pulling themselves up out of the sub-prime gutter! :-D

I liked Citibanks old cards also. Then when I got my walled jacked 2 days before Xmas, they sent me a new card and it was just like you described. Mine is purple fading to light blue w/ my picture in the left upper corner. In the background is a white "Citi" w/ a red arch over the -i-. I liked my standard silver card that I had before.....oh well.....and I would of still had it til 6/03 if it wouldn't of gotten stolen! :-(

6. Flagirl

Re: Marsha

Thanks everyone for encouragement!
    Marsha,
    After many rounds of disputes, my equifax report (which is what I think they used) has 3 collections (one duplicated) and one charge off from 1997. Before disputes, my credit was an even bigger mess.
    I applied for this card back in November, too, and was rejected. I feel so good now! I've been perfect on my payments for my other cards, too. I've got Aria and First National Bank. Just approved for Target and have been an AU on my boyfriend's Citi gold. I recently bought a car and got a half decent loan. So, that's my credit now, and it includes CITIBANK!! Yeah!

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: Congratulations!

the new citi cards are kinda more ugly :)

good work. Upgrade to citibank platinum select right now, call them up, you'll get a lower APR, and the $50 fee refunded. guaranteed! Then you ask for the photo card, and voila :)

After 4 months, i called their retention dept and the guy offered me PRIME+2.9% !

8. Flagirl

Re: Sam

If I applied for the Platinum, would it be an automatic approval? Do they run another inquiry?

9. bgolden

bgolden Guest

TO FLAGIRL RE: CITI

DEAR FLAGIRL,

ARE YOUR COLLECTIONS PAID? WHEN I APPLIED THEY TURNED ME DOWN BUT MY COLLECTIONS ARE NOT PAID AND I HAD 1 ON MY EQUIFAX REPORT WHEN THEY PULLED IT. LET ME KNOW. THANKS

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Congrats:)

Congrats on the citicard. I would suggest if you want the platinum to upgrade as Sam said. Applying directly for the platinum is harder to get, don't know why but it is.

11. Flagirl

Re: Congrats:)

one of the collections is paid, but the other is not. It's a hospital bill and the hospital doesn't exist anymore (I try not to think it's because my bill was never paid..lol) But they charged me $500 for medication and that was ridiculous! Anyway- I hope that answered your question!
    :)

12. bgolden

bgolden Guest

ONE MORE QUESTION

I APPLIED IN NOVEMBER TOO. WHAT HAS CHANGED ON YOUR CREDIT AS FAR AS THE BAD STUFF SINCE THE LAST TIME YOU APPLIED? HAVE YOU HAD ANYMORE NEGATIVE STUFF DELETED? YOU HAVE A PAID COLLECTION AND ANOTHER COLLECTION THAT IS A MEDICAL BILL AND THEN YOU SAID YOU HAVE A CHARGEOFF? I'M JUST TRYING TO UNDERSTAND WHAT MIGHT HAVE MADE THEM APPROVE YOU? SEE, MY CHARGEOFF IS ACTUALLY A REPOSSESSION AND THE REP TOLD ME I HAVE TO HAVE THAT PAID OR REMOVED BEFORE I GET APPROVED. I WAS JUST SEEING IF THEY CHANGED THEIR APPROVAL STANDARDS SINCE NOVEMBER. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

13. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Re: ONE MORE QUESTION

Congrats - what apr. did you get and does the silver card have any other benefits like auto rental insurance?

Does anyone know if Citibank will report her $5K limit to the 3 CRA's?

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: ONE MORE QUESTION

Citibank report your credit limit to CRA except Experian.

15. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Congrats.

Congratulations....dont forget to upgrade the card to platinum select or Dividend platinum to get rid of the annual fee and lower the apr. They do this for you without question. Happy charging...

BTW: I got my Victoria's Secret card in the mail today.. We both had an awesome day.

roni

16. Flagirl

Re: Congrats.

I was thinking that I'm not going to upgrade to the select... I kinda like having the mileage rewards...does the Select offer that?

BGOLDEN- I had used Lexington with my reports and I haven't checked to see which CRA Citi used, yet, but my Experian was clean, the equifax had the above mentioned items and I absolutly know the didn't check TU because that one still looks bad. I don't know why they approved me...but I'm not going to question it. I'm going to continue to try and clean up what I've got and make sure my present and future credit become perfect.