I can't believe this

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Buckcherry, Sep 14, 2001.

1. Buckcherry

Buckcherry Active Member

I went to CCB's website and they had a personal note like other sites have about throughts nd prayers for the tragic events in the US.. HOWEVER their personal note had nothing to do with thoughts and prayers.. Their note said to pay your payments 7 additional days in advance than usual to make sure pyments are on time. It is kinda sickening that over 10000 ppl lost their lives and CCB only cares about their money. That goes beyond anything they have other done rather it was illegal or borderline illegal. It is totally sick. I knew they were low.. But I didn't think they would be THAT low!

2. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Am i ever glad i dont have an account with them but my mother in law does and i told her and she said it is sad..This bank is real bad..They have her on that protection thing and she never signed up for it..She told them to close account they never sent letter to confirm..They are teriblle..We should send a link of there bank to a couple senators..I think i will..

3. Struggler

Struggler Well-Known Member

You know what's even worse? I'll almost guarantee you that the loved ones of some of these victims will be harassed by credit card companies trying to collect debts. Just like those college kids who committed suicide because of their debt load and their parents were dogged day and night by First USA collectors. In one case, where a lady lost her son, the collector told her that she "should pay her son's debt in honor of his memory." These people care about one thing: MONEY. In fact, I'll bet their biggest concern right now is whether or not any of their debtors died in the attacks and how much trouble they'll have collecting.

4. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

RE: PLANETFEEDBACK REFERENCE NUMBER 1027340

Dear Mr. Abessinio,

I hope you are able to help me with a problem I've encountered with Cross Country Bank. The problem concerns the overall experience at your bank. .

you people are out to steal all your consumers money. I read so much negative about your bank.Also i dont think what you added to your site today was very nice thing to do (send payments 7 days ahead because of recent problems) You didnt even offer prayers or nothing to the familys involved or anyone at all.You are just out to make money off of this terrible thing and that little note i am sure helps you do it in a way.Here is a link where customers of yours reviews your card...http://www.creditcardfreedom.com/re...suer/creditcard.asp?issuer=Cross+Country+Bank In the future I plan to take my business to other banks, and I'll urge others to avoid banking with you.

Here's the resolution I propose: When the goverment shuts this bank down and everyone sues to get there monies back!

Thank you for your consideration in this matter. I look forward to your prompt reply.

Sincerely,
    wbandyjr@aol.com

CC:
    Jane Swift
    John F. Kerry

Your PlanetFeedback Reference Number is:

5. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I hope this sounds ok because i got a auto message from the governers office and they recived it as well..,Gee i hope they don't think i am rude or whatever sending something like this at a time like this..I wasn't thinking but ccb is going to make money fron this and that is what upsets me.

6. Buckcherry

Buckcherry Active Member

Sounds great and you will get your point across.

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

You know, I sure would not waste the energy represented by one CHEERIOS defending CCB. But there is also the concept that they might just have had their customers best interests in mind when they wrote that "horrible" message on their website.

Bet you never stopped to think about it this way.

Hundreds, maybe even thousands of families are hard up against the wall this week wondering how in the world they are going to pay their bills and feed the family with no paychecks this week. Why no paychecks? Airline and airfreight planes unable to fly. Mail can't come through on schedule, paychecks arriving by air delayed until heaven only knows when.

The financial repercussions are only begining to be discovered by a few unfortunate souls as of yet. Cars and other items getting repossessed because payments might have been delayed due to the tragedy and on and on and on.

What about the payroll records and jobs and paychecks of those who worked at the WTF and other buildings which have collapsed or are evacuated in the area because they are structually unsafe for habitation?

We are still in the trauma stages of this thing. The practical sides of this have not even begun to strike home yet.

It is much like the trauma of a very deep and serious physical injury. An example of which might be a workplace accident which gashes one several inches deep, clear to the bone, let us say. One feels little or no pain for several hours, and then later, after the first trauma is over and the nerves start to feel again the real torture sets in and then we really begin to know the pain.

The real pain of this tragedy is yet to be felt, and it's not likely to be played out on our television screens nor on our radios. It's not going to be symbolically portrayed by flags at half mast on every house and in every yard. They will not be holding any prayer meetings or public services full of publicly grieveing dignitaries presided over by famous preachers.

Not that I would demean such activities for they are needed much more than they are presented. They greatly help to remind us of things that we need to be mindful of as well, to unite us in our resolve to overcome and to unite behind our leaders and a common cause.

But the final icing on the cake once the mess is cleaned up and the dead properly and respectfully buried to the best of our abilities to do so will be the financial losses suffered by creditor and debtor alike. Those will be almost equally horrific.

Our lives will never be the same again for many reasons.

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

your right bill. I hadn't even thought about the payroll thing, until i was notified today, that EFT's wouldn't be effected. Thank god for all the people donating money to help this effort, remember to help out any friends that are indirectly affected as well..

9. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly, Bill.

I have seen many requests for donations to help the families of the police and fire departments that have been lost in the rescue. While they are definitely heroes, they do have very good benefits and a union.

What about the waiters and dishwashers at Windows on the World? What about the office clerks, secretaries, receptionists and other low level employees-- who probably made up the bulk of the workers?

I am betting that many of these families will be unable to pay for funeral expenses. 50,000 people were just put out of work.

Indeed, the practical implications are staggering but not yet at the forefront.

10. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Not only that, but it should then vividly illustrate the need for good credit and credit cards.

Due to hard experiences, many say they will never again have anything to do with credit or credit card companies of any kind.

While one might easily understand that line of thinking, what does that person plan to do in the event that two aircraft are deliberately flown into the WTF twin towers killing untold numbers of people and all their payroll records and their paychecks scattered all over the streets of New York City, never again to be recovered? And to make matters worse, all air traffic in the entire nation except military flights are banned and the airplanes no longer fly? What are you going to do to feed your family and pay your bills until things get back to normal and your paychecks start coming in again?

WHAT ARE YOU BILL, SOME KIND OF CRAZY NUT OR SOMETHING? YOU GOTTA BE OUT OF YOUR MIND. THIS IS AMERICA AND NOTHING LIKE THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED AND IT AIN'T EVER GOING TO HAPPEN IN AMERICA! FORGET YOU! I DON'T NEED THEIR DAMN CREDIT EVER AGAIN!

BILL, YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CRAZY! I'M GONNA PUT YOU ON IGNORE.

(LOL)

Problem is, we don't ever know what the next emergency might be, so we have to do whatever we have to do to protect our credit and our credit records.

Simple reason is that we don't know what the next emergency might be.

On April 19, 1995, the worst act of terrorism ever to have occured on American soil happened right here in Oklahoma City when Timothy McVeigh bombed the Alfred P. Murrah Federal building. President Clinton came and he felt our pain. We had many public eulogies here for all the dead and the public tears of two or three individuals were seen until the day of McVeigh's death by lethal injection. But our public officials vowed that such an act of terrorism would never again happen on American soil.

Yeah! Right!

Point is, we gotta take care of ourselves and getting good credit and keeping it at all costs is most assuredly one of the things we must do for our own self preservation if for no other reason.

Who knows what the nutcases of this world will think up next? Their depravity obviously knows no bounds. We just have to be prepared for whatever comes next.

Credit is one of those preparations, and as far as I am concerned, those who wreak financial havoc upon our credit by means of vengeful reports after bills have been paid in full, make false and erroneous reports upon our credit, plague us to death with incessant phone calls when we are having financial difficulties, haul us into court with false and bogus lawsuits rife with errors and commit all manner of other such acts are little better than any other kind of terrorist and deserve to be treated with the same amount of respect they accord to us.

Whole point of my rant is that we need to be prepared in more ways than one because we never know what is coming next except that it will most likely be worse than the last.

11. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

It seems as tho cross country has one thing in mind and that is to tell people to make there payment 7 days earlier so they dont get hit with the fee's..I would belive this is to protect them when they do nail people with fee's.Why should they profit from this awfull situation..If we are all to work together and be united it takes everyone and everything..ALL banks should drop late fee's for some time to come NOT remind you to send in payment a week earlier..

12. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Hit em where it hurts

Why don't you pay off the card and cancel it, telling them precisely why you are doing so?

13. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Re: Hit em where it hurts

I do not have a card with them but as we all know they are crooks and they are probably counting how much they are going to make in late payments this month..Why let them keep stepping on people.Let the truth be known!

14. lbowman

lbowman Well-Known Member

Where is this information that you speak of? I've checked their website and have found no such information. Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

-lb

15. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

That is such a bummer they allready took it down..It was a pop up box saying to send payments in 7 days earlier due to the current situation..They didn't offer condlences or prayers or nothing just MONEY issues..
    http://www.crosscountrybank.com/

16. lbowman

lbowman Well-Known Member

Guess a few people let them have it on their selfishness, huh? Serves them right. Cross Country are certifed a**holes.

-lb

17. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THEY SHOULD HAVE SAID "SEND YOUR PAYMENT BEFORE YOU GET YOUR BILL"!!!!

"WE TAKE 7 EXTRA DAYS TO GET YOUR BILL TO YOU...YOU MAIL...IT TAKES 7 EXTRA DAYS FOR PAYMENT TO ARRIVE"

BAM...LATE FEE!!!!!!!!!!

18. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

And that is totaly wrong right?

19. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

It's funny, but when I heard about the expected delays in mail service, I immediately thought about Rocco and CCB (I don't have their card.) I am sure that people who mail their payments in a timely manner will still have them posted late. When a cardholder complains the response will be: "We told you to send it earlier; we are not responsible for the postal service."

20. eman

eman Well-Known Member

CCB are nothing but a bunch of crooks. I urge everyone out there with a CCB card to rip that peice of sh** up and send it back to them.

By the way, did they just put up the slogan "God bless America" just to save face for what they did. That's pretty pathetic.