I closed FCNB today.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Oct 26, 2000.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

As you know, I am on my quest to close some of my subprime accounts. I closed my secured FCNB account today. I will probably get my deposit back in 3 weeks. They just gave me a $100 increase. But I figured it made since to close the secured accounts. I actually had a $22 credit. I had the account since 4/00. I guess next on my list will be First Premier. $72 annual fee. Ugh.

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Good luck roni. BTW, did they offer to unsecure your account or do anything to keep you as a customer?

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Nope. but who cares. I wanted my security deposit back and I wanted to close some tradelines.

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Good work. You obviously don't need a secured card any more. In my opinion, First Premier is worse than FCNB, and you should close that account as soon as possible. They require a $72 deposit every year, and then keep it. That's what a high annual fee on a small card really is: a deposit that never gets returned.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

First Premier is next. I made a mistake and underpaid my balance this month. I charge something from the internet after the statement. But they are out of here very soon.

6. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

Just curious... What did you buy off the internet :)

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Some freak unmentionables. LOL