I Closed First Premier Today

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kelly, Nov 10, 2000.

1. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Yep, I'm feeling confident. Can you believe their annual fee $89. $20 card fee, not to mention their monthly participation fee. I waited my two years (in hell) arghhh

They were my first card since bankruptcy in 1992 - Secured - I think I paid a ton of startup fees too.

I'm just sooooo happy - why is that?

Kelly

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I know the feeling

I was soo ecited when I payed off Exxon and Lowe's and closed them. It just felt great to close these accounts which were dragging down my score:)

Mom

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

You're so happy because....

you're not getting RAPED every month by them! I don't know how you lasted 2 years??? The prostatutes at the Mustang ranch don't even last that long! Lol....

Congratulations Kelly! Always remember that when your at the bottom, there's no where else to go but UP!

MP$40

4. Robert

Robert Active Member

RE: I know the feeling

Sorry if this is a dumb questions, but...

What do you mean these cards are dragging down your score.
    derick

Mom

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: I know the feeling

I'm closing my aria probably this week. $250 limit looks bad on your credit report. They know who providian is , to the smart creditor, its an attempt to rebuild credit.

Gawd, and the aria card is SO FUGLY, who thought up the Orange and Yellow "I AM REBUILDING CREDIT" card was stupid. I'm embarassed to use it anywhere but online and at the self-serve gas pump. At least capital one looks like capital one. Citibank's well, all look alike, esp with the photo card option.

I could kick myself for paying the yearly fee in full, does anyone know if its pro-rated refundable at all?

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Not a dumb question at all

I really have too many accounts right now, I kinda went credit happy a bit, so i am trying to cut my cards amount in half and I chose to get rid of the small retail cards:)

Mom