I CLOSED Orchard today!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Dec 1, 2000.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I closed my Orchard card today. I got my card in July of 99 and in July of 2000 I asked for an increase and was denied because I was over the limit by $4 (I have said this before but for the new people I am repeating). I was mad because the reason I was over was because they charged me my annual fee of $49 in June and the new card wasn't even working until August. It was embarrassing. Every time I tried to use it I got denied. Then I would call and make sure it was activated, use it again then get denied. That happened 3 times. So I said when I pay it off it goes. They tried to offer me a $300 increase, lower my interest rate to 16.9, or remove the annual fee. I said no. The reason they were offering me this was "because I have such an outstanding history with them and an excellent customer". LOL.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Good for you Molly, you don't need them. excellent customer and that's all they offered, I hate to think what they would off to an OK customer LOL.

Mom

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You go Molly. You definitely do not need Orchard bank anymore. And you established a great history with them for your credit report. I am closing my account at the 1 year mark. They arenot getting another $59 out of me.

roni

4. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

Good for you Molly! See my similar post from today - Cap1 told me what a valuable customer I was, what a big loss it would be to me to cancel their card, and that we had such a wonderful relationship. The arrogant a-holes cannot see that it is their loss!

-Alwilda Smith