I could use your wisdom.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Karen, Nov 12, 2000.

1. Karen

Karen Well-Known Member

Hello group! This is'nt exactly a credit related question but I thought I could use some of your wisdom.
    my insurance monthly premium is $230.00 but some days ago, the insurance tried to collect a premium of $400.00 from my account and of cause it bounced. NSF. As a result my bank charged me a fee of $20.00. i did not receive any notification from the insurance company that my premium had been hiked. And there is no reason whatever for any kind of hike. I have had no accidents, no tickets etc.
    I called my insurance agent and asked him why. Not only could he not provide an anwser, he was very rude and almost hung the phone on me.
    Question: Is this legal? I have written a letter to them demanding they re-imburse me the NSF fee. Am I within my rights? What law or stipulations do i quote to them? What else can I do? i am extremely mad.
    Thank you.

2. Michael

Michael Guest

First off if your agent is rude to you he dosen't deserve your business, change agents.

Your state should have a regulator for the insurance company, call that office and complain.

Your bank also should reemburse you the $20.00 as the amount they tried to take was not authorized, speak with your bank, and don't take no for an answer, go up high if need be!

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I agree with Michael. Call your bank and state your disappointment, but in a nice way. I would whine, rather than shout.

roni.