I decided I'm hiring an attorney

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Jul 22, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Those of you who have been following the story of my battle with Ford Motor Credit probably have read the last letter I sent to them. Basically, they've demanded payment they say I owe to Ford on a car that was totaled. For the mot part I've said, "Fine, I'll pay you but just give me a detailed accounting of how you arrived at the figure you say I owe, and remove the false notation of a repossession from my credit reports."

They didn't reply to my last letter and I really don't know what to do from here. Tomorrow I am going to find an attorney to at least write them a letter on my behalf and I'll wait to see if they respond.

I've looked on the local court calendar and found that Ford Motor Credit sues people all the time locally, but the attorney who has been signing the letters to me has only filed one suit on their behalf, and that one was only filed last week.

I'll let everyone know what happens. If anyone happens to know a good attorney in the Las Vegas area, I'd appreciate the referral.

2. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Good Luck DaveLV

Please Keep us posted.

I am having problems with a recent Involuntary repo from ford motor credit. The only problem is I drive a BMW and have never drove any Ford or purchased one before in my life!! I have disputed it with the CRA's and I am waiting to see if they delete it.

MY Story... In the past someone stole my identity in FL. I noticed a company called Duval Ford had pulled my CR. So I called them and sure enough they had leased a car to a person in my name. I WAS FRANTIC..!!! I sent them the police report and told them it was fraudulent explaining they never leased any car to me!!! This was back in Feb. 2000... Never hearing from them and thinking everything was taken car of. It wasn't showing on my CR nor had I heard from them anymore. Until this last week when I got my police report. It should a REPO!!!!

So.... Please keep and the board in touch with this!! These people are crooks!!! I just dare them to come after me with a judgment. If they do... I will sue thee $hit out of them!! I have thought about finding a lawyer to sue Duval Ford who leased the car to them.

MartysGirl

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Very smart, Dave. I got tired of being jerked around so much. A lawyer is a very good thing to have. Stay on top of it though. They take on more than they can do, and "the squeaking wheel gets the grease." I have to keep after mine all the time.

breeze

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Good move Dave. Breeze is right though, you really gotta keep on top of these lawyers. If it's not a big case they tend to bury these things.
    keep us informed on how it goes and if you get positive results I'll send you some secrets.

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Salacious secrets!!

breeze

6. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

salacious secrets for Daves' ears only.

7. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Well, I emailed several attorneys that I found on lawyers.com and gave a few sentences of background on what's going on with my Ford Credit stuff. A few responded, but one in particular was very nice.

His office is in Northern Nevada and he says he usually doesn't take on cases in Las Vegas, but he offered to discuss the matter with me on the phone tomorrow. I'll call him as soon as I'm able and will let everyone know what happens.

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Cool. May he will be your own personal rainmaker!

breeze