I DID IT - I snapped a Cobalt Card!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Jun 28, 2001.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I thought what the heck - after everyone on this board talking -I snapped the site and gave em my email and ss#, address , not much more -
    then hooked to my bank for a test $100 LOL!

I went the through enrollment and it set up my account almost instantly - complete with an AMEX online number.

I got this to try and decide if there is good reason for a typical adult to carry this type of card. You can load up to 2K max.

Well, by being approved SO FAST, maybe this is a good intro to an AMEX start. Their database may have determined (and probably did) that I was an active AMEX Cardmember!

Go Cobalt! $100 limit! Go Dogman! LOL

2. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Dogman- I too got a quick approval but with a bk-13 on record. I thought Amex was not accepting ACH funding, only credit cards.

After reading your posts on how you obtain your Green Amex. I am now really thinking of going for it. I discharged my bk-13 last year but have been clear and on time in the last 5 years.

I did not bk on Amex so that's in my favor. I did have a account with them in 1908 at the ripe age of 20. BIG mistake to give a 20 year old a no-pre set limit charge card!

Best regards,
    Sam

3. river

river Well-Known Member

Congrat Dogman and welcome to the club. I have had mine for 4 months and haven't used it yet.;)

4. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

5. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

JEEZ - they are fast - I just snapped their site and it says my card has been shipped....
    excellent service again from AMEX!
    c ya dogman

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

SAM - I wonder if we were both sent the Card at the same time - 20 years ago :)

Go for it - I bet they give it to you - again expect the computer to bounce you, then the Acct Mgr can manually override.

Talk to an Acct Mgr B4 you apply - then they can
    "watch" for your app!

Good luck - Dogman

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Jeepers, Sam, you are really old!!!

breeze

8. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

1908???, God I know I am old but not that old. It's 1980!!!

Dogman: thanks for the advice, will try in the next couple of days and I will post my results.

Best regards,
    Sam

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

hahaha better check your CR, Sam, Equifax has probably picked up on this and changed your DOB like they did mine. LOL

breeze

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Also, at age 100 you can collect the face amount of your life insurance policies.

breeze

11. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I bet it looks good though when you open it and show it off - with just the American Express exposed brand name! :)

cya dogman

12. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Got the Cobalt card today, exactly one week after I signed on.

Still trying to muster the courage to call Amex and see if Dogman's methold will work for me.

Best regards,
    Sam