I don't believe it...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Desdemona, Apr 12, 2001.

1. Desdemona

Desdemona Well-Known Member

You wouldnâ??t believe this, well maybe you willâ?¦(true store) I moved in with my boyfriend (now fiancée) in July 1999. When I moved in I wanted my own phone line. I still wanted some independence, and I hear that itâ??s always a good idea for a woman to have some or one utility in their name. From the day I was assigned my â??newâ? phone number I was receiving phone calls from collection agencies from the previous owner of the phone number. Chrysler Financial, Detroit Edison, Consumers Gas, GMAC just to name a few. Made my derogs look petty. I had to answer every call and tell them that the number was reassigned and that I did not know or have any connection with the previous owner â??Michaelâ?. Well today.. one year and ten months later.. â??Michaelâ? received a phone call from NCO. I call them back, and said that â??Michaelâ? has not had this phone number for almost 2 years. I canâ??t believe the treatment I received:

Who are you?
    Why is this not â??Michaelâ??sâ? number anymore?
    What is "Michael's new number?'
    What is your full name?
    What is your address?
    Who is â??Michaelâ? to you?
    Yada, Yada, Yadaâ?¦

Not that I own NCO in anywayâ?¦ I still was not afraid. I told him who I am not important and if I received any more phone calls from him or his company again I WILL contact my State Attorney General. I then asked him who he was, full name please I wanted to spell it correctly. I then informed him I would need NCOâ??s address and the nature of his phone call so that when I emailed Jennifer Grandholm (Attorney General) all my facts were straight. He then changed his tone and told me that he will remove the phone number and to have a nice night.

My fiancée who was standing next to me just stepped back and gave me a look. Thanks to this board I didnâ??t give out all that information that I did 2 years ago. Thanks for making me that â??bad assâ? my fiancée now thinks I am.

Oh by the wayâ?¦ Go Wings

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the story...
    and I just have to say..
    go Avs! eheheh

3. Desdemona

Desdemona Well-Known Member

NanaC... Seeing that you changed your name... I will have to change mine now that the "real" hockey season has started to "HockeyTown USA". hehehehe Still.. go Wings

:~)

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Yes, the squiggles were a pain to type! LOL

Avs rule...(this could go on forever)..hehe

5. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

wow! That is similar to what's happening to me...except we just moved in. Got home the other night and there are phone messages from [a] a doctors office a hospital calling about surgery times and [c] an "attorney" checking on a summons for some woman! She must have had the number before but we were trying to figure out *why* these people didn't know that this woman didn't have (our) number to begin with? C'mon...*surgery*!! Shouldn't they know this?

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

What makes me mad is when they continue to leave messages after they have heard the answering machine. Why would you leave a message for John when on the machine it says: You have reached Julie and Jennifer...we're not home now...blah blah blah....

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MY NAME STAYS...

DOESN'T YOUR NAME (~C~) STAY ON???

NAME
    SUBJECT
  8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Sorry, stay on where?

I'm early, speak slow..ROFL

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Uh, I meant IT'S early..what'd I tell ya...(sigh)

10. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

In one of my previous residences, the person who had the phone number before me was named Aida Oyster. I had to laugh every time I received a call for her, and I occasionally received her calls for the entire seven years I had the number.

11. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

I've been going through this too. I have had this number for five years now and I still get calls for this woman. One, about a year ago, was from Chrysler's UAW health and welfare department. Seems some things she submitted for her insurance needed verification. She hadn't even notified them of her number change. Others have been some bill collectors and guys she met in bars. Some very interesting calls. One was from my neighbors husband. LOL I had fun with that one.HeeHee!!!!!!

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

AT BOTTOM OF PAGE

POST...TOP OF LIST...GO TO TOPIC....ETC....
    REPLY TO MESSAGE
    NAME ~C~
    SUBJECT Re: I don't believe it...
    MASSAGE XXXXXXXXXX

DOESN'T YOUR NAME STAY IN THE BOX CALLED NAME???

13. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

George, I can change my name. All I have to do is type over the old name.

14. Jill

Jill Guest

See? Same person, different name.

15. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Yup, that's all I did..and I made the big announcement of course! ROFL