I dont understand

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Laura, Jan 16, 2001.

1. Laura

Laura Guest

I bought a new car over the weekend (2001 Grand Am GT) got 4.9% with GMAC. Applied online today for NextCard...got $5000 limit (but 3000 has to be balance transfers)...applied for Aria and they gave me a measly $500 limit but I had to pay $49 for it. I clicked the NO thanks button. I dont understand unless they are pulling different reports??

2. Killer

Killer Guest

Could it be that the number of recent inquiries into your credit has pulled down your score?

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I don't think anybody can explain this, when I first starting building my credit I got the Aria plat 5K limit I know hard to believe I had only i yr old tradeline, then got denied by several other banks, never understood it then or now?? But is one of your reports better than the others??

mom

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

There have been a lot of negative posts about ARIA.

:(

NEXTCARD always gives higher limits with a balance transfer...

Did you get 9.99% for NEXTCARD?

5. Laura

Laura Guest

Yes and the good thing is that I have a card with $3137 (furniture) on it that I intended to pay off with my income tax return. So I just transferred that balance which I will pay off with my tax refund. Then I will still have the higher limit available. I would like to get one more major CC, but now I'm not sure which one to apply for. Killer, as far as inquiries, when I pulled it Sat I only had 2 inquiries. I haven't applied for credit in quite some time. I don't know if the furniture company pulled one or not. But they went thru GMAC and they approved me, so that was 1 inquiry (making it 3), next card would make it 4 and now aria would make it 5. I would like one more card...any suggestions which one to apply for? I don't want to waste that last inquiry, but I dont want Net 1st or one of those 'guaranteed' jobs either. Thanks

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

When you got your car loan, did you happen to ask what your score was??

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Have you considered Citibank or Chase, they seemed to be easier to get than other cards out there??

8. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

You Are PRIME CREDIT!

I believe ARIA made you a lousy offer because they knew you would eventually dump them anyway.

They figured you would ditch their bad offer.
    I have heard ASPIRE Visa uses this same tactic - only a certain group would pay 40% for a Visa that does not even report.

Hope this helps - Dogman

9. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: Laura, same problem

I received excellent credit and financing terms, but when I applied for Aria, I was only approved for the Persona, $1000 limit, like 23.99% interest, and the $49 fee. I don't think so!!

I got a Juniper instead: 0% APR for 5 months, 17.5K limit. Now that's better! No annual or other fees.

10. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Inquires are spread out over Experian, Equifax, and Trans Union depending who they pull.

11. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

The number of inquiries would also depend on which report they pulled.

12. Saar

Saar Banned

That depends. If you apply for a Cap 1 card, they pull all three. Amex normally pulls 2 reports.

Saar

13. Saar

Saar Banned

Allow me to join the club. Approved for Providian Gold Visa, $3,000, no annual fee. Aria however won't give me more than the Persona (the worst) w/ $59 annual fee. I immediately clicked the "No thanks" button.

I initially applied hoping to be approved for the Aria Portrait; it didn't happen. Given the fact we hadn't has a signle report of Portrait approval for months, I don't intend to keep trying.

Saar

14. Saar

Saar Banned

has a signle => have a single