I found this interesting...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by KHM, Oct 31, 2001.

1. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

Cushman VS. TUC

In August of 1994, an unidentified bill collector informed Cushman that TUC was publishing a consumer credit report indicating that she was delinquent on payments to these three credit grantors. Cushman notified TUC that she had not applied for or used the three credit cards in question, and suggested that a third party had fraudulently applied for and obtained the cards. In response, a TUC clerk called Amex and Chase to inquire whether the verifying information (such as Cushman's name, social security number, and address) in Amex's and Chase's records matched the information in the TUC report. The TUC clerk also asked if Cushman had opened a fraud investigation with the credit grantors. Because the information matched, and because Cushman had not opened a fraud investigation, the information remained in the TUC report. TUC was unable to contact Citibank so TUC deleted the Citibank entry from the report. TUC's investigations are performed by clerks paid $ 7.50 per hour and who are expected to perform ten investigations per hour.

WOW a whole $7.50 an hour and they have to do 10 investigations an hour, no wonder why they are always screwing things up.
    KHM

2. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

Very interesting. Thanks for posting this!

3. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

That was in 1994. By now they may be making $10 an hour.

4. anna

anna Well-Known Member

I doubt it. They're probaly making 6.50 now and thankful because they couldn't get hired at Mc Donald's!

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

OH LORDY!

Not that! Truly a fate worse than death! Not working at McTrashburgers. YETCH!

LOL

6. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Hey, wait a minute. I'm a serious devotee of the Quarter Pounder with Cheeseâ?¢, Large Friesâ?¢, and Medium Diet Cokeâ?¢. Moreover, I'm sure we have some esteemed Creditnet members who have worked at our beloved McDonaldsâ?¢ as well.

Docâ?¢

7. anna

anna Well-Known Member

Do you piggie-size it?

8. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

One out of every seven people in the US has worked at McDonalds at one time or another, including me. I worked there over 30 years ago when they were a lot better. 85 cents per hour. I got up to $1.40 per hour.

9. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, I'll let you in on why I'm down on them so much. I realize that things have probably changed and I'm just being "funny" for putting them down.

But my experience really turned me off.

When I first moved to Oklahoma City back in 1975, I needed something to pay the bills with until I got a job. So I went to work for a temp service and they sent me to a local plant making hamburgers for McDonalds. The meat, what little of it there was among the bones and gristle) came in large cardboard boxes. About 4 foot by 4 foot by about 5 foot tall. All frozen solid and no plastic protection. Meat right up against the cardboard. In each of those boxes was 8 pieces of 8 &#189 by 11 sheets of colored paper which were invoices or packing slips or whatever. The first step in the process was to use a fork lift that grabbed the box by it's sides and bottom and turn it upside down into a big hopper which had a chain drive and delivered the meat AND THE PAPER PACKING SLIPS to the meat grinder which ground the whole mess up into hamburger meat. When it came out of the grinder it went fhrough a roller that rolled it all down into a flat sheet and when it came out of there it went into another machine which sprayed the meat with nitrogen from a huge tank outside the plant. That instantly re-froze the meat and it went to another machine which cut the little patties out and they dropped through holes and the rest of the meat fed into another conveyor which took them back to the start of the process. The patties were under constant spraying from the liquid nitrogen tank keeping them rock hard.

I always swore I would never eat another McTrash burger again in my life and I never have.

10. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

I was not defending them - only stating facts. I don't eat there either. I would tell you why, but it is too gross, far worse than your story.

11. anna

anna Well-Known Member

SORRY I BROUGHT IT UP!

I actually LOVE their food, so Please, no gross stories!

12. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Anna:
    So you doan wanna heer our gross stories, eh?

We gonna tell missy Cleo on you!

Shame on you!

LOL

13. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

Right now I am especially grateful to be a vegetarian :p

LOL

14. anna

anna Well-Known Member

PLEASE DON'T TELL CLEO! She'll put the ebgb's on me! Did 'ja ever notice that if you leave the l out of Cleo, she's the CEO?

15. bbauer

bbauer Banned

No, I hadn't.
    Did you ever notice that if you spin the letters abit you come up with
    COLE and they blew big holes in her over in the mid-eastern theatre of operations.
    ECOL which is an abreviation of ECOLI, a nasty virus?

LOL

16. anna

anna Well-Known Member

Is that anything like EBOLA?

17. anna

anna Well-Known Member

OK I just got it. You're dissing on Mickey D's again, aren't you?

18. bbauer

bbauer Banned

An old joke goes
    "I've had pyhrea and goneria and I don't want no part of that there Korea."

19. KristyW

KristyW Well-Known Member

If you want to hear some really annoying and interesting things, read a book called "Fast Food Nation". I will never eat at Mickey D's again because of it. And it's not because of the quality of the food.

According to the book: 1. McDonalds is the largest distributor of children's toys. They target children. Ray Kroc said that if an adult walks into a restaurant, only one meal is purchased, but if a child walks into a restaurant, they bring 1 or 2 adults who also purchase meals.

2. McDonalds is such a huge consumer of beef that the quality they purchase is actually superior to the beef (cleanliness wise) you buy at the grocery store.

Just fascinating little worthless facts to keep my brain buzzing.