I gave TU a taste of their own med

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by KHM, Nov 16, 2001.

1. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

My hubby paid a charge off in exchange for it to be removed, well stupid me never got the agreement in writing. So I PFB'd them, they sent a letter regarding my complaint.
    1st paragraph says: Sorry about the problems you are having.
    2nd paragraph says:You requested that we delete all info regarding this account, according to the agreement you made with out credit services dept. once the account was paid we should remove it.
    3rd para..: Thank you for the payments to settle this account. Please use this letter as confirmation.
    4th para...: Unfortunately we are unable to remove accurate histories associated with this account, therefore it will remian on your CR.

So heres what I did, call me shady call me what you want but it worked!
    I folded the paper so you can't see the last paragraph. I wrote the guys name who signed it at the top (TU told me before if it is 'official looking' they do what the letter says to do) as well as his number.
    Well they removed the account!!! It probably has a lot to do with I deal with an 'affiliate' and the HQ's, but hell it worked! LOL
    KHM

2. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

Should say and NOT the HQ

3. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

Very innovative! Sometimes we have to "make things happen." If they made a promise to you, they should have followed through.

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I will call you crafty! They contradicted themselves...you made the agreement with their credit service department...they made an agreement which they say in #4 they can not abide by...sounds like a contradiction to me.

Congrats...way to keep them honest and abide by their original agreement. Wish we all could fold their contradictions up like that.

-Peace, Dave

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Tooooooo Funny!!! I love it!!!