I got 14 inquiries removed from tu!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by leo728, Oct 30, 2001.

1. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Re: I got 14 inquiries removed from

All the inquiries I disputed are unauthorized. I did not apply for credit, by law I am allowed to dispute anything off my report that is incorrect.

2. BigH

BigH Guest

Are you the victim of fraud? It seems impossible
    to have so many unauthorized inquires. I would
    suppose you may have to issue a fraud watch with
    the CRA. I myself have had duplicate inquires
    disputed and having one removed, but never had
    an unauthorized inquiry for original request for credit.
    That's only my experience. I am glad you were able
    to successfully challenge you unauthorized inquiries

3. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

I disputed the companies that thought it was necessary to pull my credit 3 or 4 times in a row in order to decide if I was worthy of THEIR credit? THAT sounds like fraud to me. I disputed the car loan requests that took my ONE application and then shopped around with it. I didn't sign 6 app's I signed one, therefore 1 inquiry. I don't see it as fraud. The other ones I disputed are almost two years old, frankly I can't remember what I did last week. All I say to the CRA is prove I applied for something with them, if you can GREAT! If you ant remove it. I don't dispute inquiries I have accounts with.
    If you think this is bad, you hould here some of the horror stories about the collection agencies and the RA's.
    KHM

4. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Thanks.

5. hhh329

hhh329 Well-Known Member

Lucky You!

About 80% of inquiries on my report are not from me applying for credit.

For example,
    Associates changing to CitiFinancials has resulted in numerous inquiries, NOT coded as AR which is what is should be.
    Then there's there's Aria changing to getSmart which had the same result.
    These to name a few like Trans South and so many I havent' a clue of even who they are..

TU seems to be flooded with these. The other two seem to be in line. When I tried to dispute, I had a few removed but was told to contact the creditor.. disputing online remove 3 or 4, but got the same message. I don't have time to contact all those creditors putting inquiries on my report!

hmmph!
    hth

6. PuuOoPaul

PuuOoPaul Well-Known Member

Trans South is a part of The Associates that didn't convert its name to Citi. This would be their auto, fleet and heavy equipment financing division.

I don't know if that helps any.

Aloha,
    PuuOoPaul

7. BigH

BigH Guest

I originally had an Aria account since May 1999. When it was converted to Get Smart Plat this past
    summer, no inquiry was placed on any of my reports.
    I guess they just decide to do it to some people and
    forbear against others.

8. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

This had worked for me 7 inquires were deleted and all i asked for was 4...They deleted doubles but they had diffrent dates..So instead of them taking 1 capital one off they took 2 and so on...Thanx again guy's

9. kustomkat

kustomkat Well-Known Member

I had the same experience as Bill B.

they took off all inquiries with the same name of the company..

Why does citibank pull 5-6 times when they issue a card..

Has anyone got the Cit online Bank DFS inquiry? when they get a citibank card??

Kev

10. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I don't know but I got a FK coded inquiry on EQ. LOL

Anyone know what that is???

11. direct

direct Well-Known Member

Tried your method exactly as specified and got the letter from TU saying that the creditor only needs a permissable purpose to inquire and that I should dispute directly with the creditor. TU does not delete inquires, blah,blah, blah.

Only difference is that the TU office that responded to my dispute is in PA.

Different offices must have different policies.

Frustrating!

Thanks anyway,

direct

12. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

If you point out to the CRAs that you or your acquaintances have had numerous improper inquiries removed, they would deny that they ever happened and say that the stories are hearsay.

It's amusing that consumers can correct their reports on a case-by-case basis, but what can be done to stop the illegal practice? Don't you think that it's widespread practice contributes to the less-than-perfect credit reporting system? I see a big story about it with verification of the consumers' stories as a solution.

Or is that too pollyanna?

13. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Just got the same letter today from TU " can not remove inquiries and to call the company that submitted it". I followed KBevs instructions to the t.
    MBNA
    3/12/2001 (used this for account number)
    Selected other for reason and wrote that the company did not have permission - delete from report.

14. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

Just curious, do you deal with the Chester PA office. I deal with an affiliate in Buffalo and so far they have removed 14 inquiries from hubbys report and last time I checked they removed 12 from mine.
    Kellie

15. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

kellie,
    My disputes are always done thru the Chester, PA office. Is that the reason they will not remove inquiries? You would think each TU office would be consistent. That's grounds for discrimination.

16. anna

anna Well-Known Member

Mine go through
    Chester, too, and won't remove. There seems to be a trend here!

17. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I put " did not apply for credit, please delete"

That way they can not give you the permissable purpose bs.

Try again, nothing to lose right?

18. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Leo.

19. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Leo,
    When you put in the date of the inquiry do you do it like this: 03/27/2001 or 03272001? Thanks

20. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

03/27/2001 , I actually just cut and paste from the worthknowing report. I cut and paste the company name ( to have a exact match ) and I cut and paste the date. Once again to insure a exact match.