I got 14 inquiries removed from tu!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by leo728, Oct 30, 2001.

1. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Re: I got 14 inquiries removed from

Very interesting! What kind of discrimination grounds -- racial, gender, age, sexual orientation? You would think that by year 2001 Trans Union would know better than to pick some demographic characteristic of yours and go after that.

Doc

2. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

Could be, I'm not sure though. I have been faxing overabout 2-3 inquiries every other day and they come right off, a couple of them haven't but for the mst part they come off. My local office is actually pretty decent. When I fax over the disputes, no matter what it is I ask for the contact names and numbers of the creditors they are disputing with and I usually get THAT letter couple days later.
    Kellie

3. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

DOC,
    I only mentioned consistency because of the way our Human resource beats management over the head where I work. I guess our company has been sued in the past for not being consistent with employee work/life issues from time to time. I think you hit it on the head that if race, age, etc. plays a part and you do for one and not the other a discrimination complaint will follow. Maybe the processes from one TU office to another is not consistent, this could be a problem because it should.

4. PsychDoc

Thanks for clarifying: it's not discrimination in a legal sense, but it is a consistency problem. Remember that affiliates are independent and can set their own policies. Regardless, I think the whole "affiliate" thing is a bit of a sham, though. Where would these so-called independent credit bureaus be without the big three national CRAs?

Doc

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

No trend... My reports come from Chester... 100% success rate...

Again..... From your Trans Union report... Copy the exact way the list the company name... example FUSA not First USA. The account number location use the date the inquiry is listed. Check the other box and type DELETE, never applied for credit. If they look at the report and see a new account within 30 days, it most likely will not be deleted. Why should it? Be reasonable!

Don't expect miracles! Do not put 20 down... be reasonable people... 3 or 4 max. Wait two days and do 3 or 4 more.

6. anna

anna Well-Known Member

I HAVE FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!The first time I tried too many, so I waited and then did only 2. Still got the same letter. Then I tried 1 on hubby's. GOT THE SAME DAMN LETTER!

7. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

It seems that mileage varies with this approach.

But keep trying, doesn't hurt right?

8. anna

anna Well-Known Member

I don't know, does it? I know they are keeping track of how many times my address and SS# have been used in correspondence to them. They have it listed on the report.

9. cmbrady

cmbrady Active Member

My reports also come from Chester. Just had 34 inquiries removed in one dispute.

-Cindy

10. bridget

bridget New Member

Are those of you having success using the exact info from your TU report or from your Worthknowing report? I've noticed the names of companies are sometimes different - more abbreviated on Worthknowing and more complete on the actual TU report.

Bridget <--- long time lurker, first time poster.

11. cmbrady

cmbrady Active Member

I used an actual online TU report. Just cut and pasted all the info.

-Cindy

12. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

I did it the exact same way and asked for 2 deletions and have gotten TWO "rejection" letters.

Things that make you say hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

13. PsychDoc

Wouldn't it be interesting if Trans Union put this information out there in order to ascertain the true identities of those who frequent this board? Maybe the window was allowed to remain open for a couple of weeks to whip up everyone's interest, and perhaps now that window has slammed shut. Question for Bkev: who told you these exact instructions (and fairly unusual instructions at that -- using the date for the account number, for example)? Maybe if we can find out who told Bkev, we'll be closer to figuring out this mystery.

Doc

14. bridget

bridget New Member

Ok, good. I did the same on about 4 inqs about a week ago. Did it take them the whole 30 days to send you a corrected report?

About two months ago I disputed some inqs a different way with TU and got the standard 'contact the creditor' letter. So then I did that and received 'contact the CRA' letters back from the creditors. Argh.

Hopefully this will work! Thanks for the reply Cindy.

Bridget

15. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Anna: How many dings do you have on your reports? Inquiries should be left to the last thing you worry about.... If you've requested 20 investigations and still have 10 dings, I can see why you're getting rejected using this method.

16. Om

Om Well-Known Member

I've tried twice and now have two letters of rejection. I'm going for a hat trick.

-Om

17. cmbrady

cmbrady Active Member

I got my report about a week and a half after I entered the dispute. I only disputed inquiries, nothing else.

-Cindy

18. anna

anna Well-Known Member

Bkev-
    I only have one stubborn minor ding on TU left.($250 medical collection that should have been paid by the insurance co) I figured I'd let it go for a while and work on the inquiries, then go back to it later.