I got a prime card. YEAH!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shirley, Nov 5, 2001.

1. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

HSBC, $1,500 limit. I'm so happy I could scream. APR is about 15% but that I got the card is enough to make me happy right now.

I'm on my way...

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

That's great! It's been a lucky few days for a lot of us here.

I hate to admit it, but I've called the automated Amex application status line four or five times this morning to hear the approval message. :)

3. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Shirley on your new card.

mindy

4. tom2129

tom2129 New Member

Shirley,
    You can be serious... (Sorry. Airplane was on this weekend.)
    How long did it take you to get it? How many subprime cards did you have & how long? I can't wait to get one, and I hope that it's not going to be a year...

Congrats!

5. Shirley

Stop calling me Shirley... :)

I got a Kmart Mastercard, Target Guest Card and and Associates Visa all in July.

I have a Lerner's card (clothing store) since 1985.

I had one derog that was ancient on all three reports until a couple of weeks ago, then it was gone.

I'm sure that Citi and Amex have me blacklisted. I believe what got me this card is that I've had a checking account for about 8 years with Republic Bank which turned into HSBC about a year ago. I've been a great customer, never bounced a check or anything. I've been invisible in the credit world since 1993 when all my accounts went delinquent.

I paid for it though. I lost seven years and this past July just started from scratch again at 35. There's no way I"ll mess up this time. Now if only house prices here would come down to a reasonable level...

You'll get there and make sure you post here when you do!

6. tom2129

tom2129 New Member

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to post when that happens. Hopefully it won't be too long...

7. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Congrats!

8. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

9. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Congrats Shirley!
    Even more "Happy Wiggle"!

Surely your happy...I mean Shirley...I mean just don't call me late for dinner!

-Peace, Dave

10. Shirley

Thanks everyone.

God what a great feeling this is...

11. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

Congrats to you!!
    And a really dumb question, who is HSBC?? Household??

12. Shirley

HSBC Bank USA is a New York State banking institution with more than 420 branches in New York, eight branches in Florida, three in California, two in Pennsylvania, and 17 in Panama. As a result of the merger of Republic National Bank of New York with HSBC Bank USA on December 31, 1999, the organization is the third largest depository institution with the largest branch network in New York State. The bank has the third largest factoring service in the United States and is the largest US bank-owned factor.

13. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Congrats Shirley!

BTW, I HAVE heard of the bank being a Northeasterner...heehee.

WAYTOGO!