I got AMEX gold....... waaahhhooooo

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Chet, May 15, 2001.

1. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Re: Chet, Jim I know how you feel

Chet and Jim,

I can certainly see you point of view. If I ever had to file, I would tell no one...other than who HAD to know. Not that I think it's shameful, I don't think it's anyones business. That being said though.... as a woman getting involved and married to someone, I would want to know if you had ever filed.

It may likely come up later and I would rather be told sooner than finding out from some service rep on the phone.

Of course... LOL... I've been married 19 years and IF I ever got divorced sometime in the future...... I AM NEVER GETTING MARRIED AGAIN! I love the husband I have dearly, wouldn't trade him for anything, but I won't do that again! LOL! Geez! NO WAY!

Oh, and congrats on the card. I have never really wanted one of those...AMEX that is. Why is it so important to have one? Anyone?

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Judy,

First of all, congrats to you for 19 years of marriage. That's terrific!

I'm certainly glad that my husband bit the bullet, summoned his courage, and confided to me about his BK. Now it's out in the open and we don't have any secrets. Also, he doesn't have to worry about the confounded thing coming up and embarassing him at a later date.

This is info that I will always keep in the strictest confidence. (Since we're anonymous on this board, I felt I could share it here.

Donna

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Congrats, Chet!

Yes, Amex will allow a CardMember to add an AU to his account, even if he won't provide the AU's SSN!

Saar

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Judy and Donna - Thanks again for the presenting the female perspective on the BK issue. Just like Chet, I have never revealed to anyone that I have had a BK. Nor will I ever discuss it with anyone except as Chet said in the anonimity of the board. Having said this, I would like to mention how valuable this board is and how much I appreciate what I have learned here. Every afternoon, I go to my office here at the University and reveiw the board for valuable insights into credit management. I have been here since October and have progressed into "prime credit"during this interval.

So - Thank you!

P.S. - Judy. I had AMEX green and gold from 1981 to 1995. I got rid of the card as I only used it to pay for dinners out and traveling overseas on vacation. From what I have read here on the board it seems that AMEX is providing more benefits today than when I had it. Also, at XMAS time, it is quicker to get a credit verification than with VISA.

5. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Saar,

My SS# was provided. Does that mean that it will show on my credit report; and if it does show on my credit report, is it reported as an AU?

Thanks

Chet