I Got Approved!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by crave1wave, Jun 20, 2001.

1. crave1wave

crave1wave Well-Known Member

I called Amex Status line to check the status of my Amex Gold Rewards Plus Application, talked to the nicest representative who said she would see what was holding up the application, about 3 minutes later she came back and said, "everything is fine, you are approved, let me make sure the info is correct." So she checked it and said that it would be in the mail tommorrow from Utah (I live in Florida, wonder if I can wait! hehehe) I should get the card next week.

After I hold it for a few months I am going to request a "product transfer" to the Platinum charge. I have more on my saga with it at this link

http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&pgnum=2&postid=64105#post64105

Thanks!!!

2. Gregory

Gregory Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! I love my AMEX Rewards Plus Gold Card --- I know how you feel... I could hardly wait for mine in the mail :)

CONGRATS, AGAIN!!!
    ENJOY!

Greg

3. crave1wave

Thanks Greg!!!!

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Congrats crave1!!

I love AmEx.

breeze

5. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! I knew you would be approved. You'll have that Platinum in no time. :-D

Amex is my favorite card company by far. The benefits are second to none. Enjoy!!

Thanks dogman & momof3!! ;-D

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

My heartiest congratulations!
    BUT - you were already approved for the PLAT - once you turned over the 1040.

You'll have the Card in your hand probably SAT or MONDAY :)

lucky dog - dogman

7. crave1wave

Thanks to you all!!!

Who knows how soon I can get the Platinum? lol

I will use this card for a while then request the other!
    They shouldn't have a problem!!

This board is the best!!!

8. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Crave --

Are you REALLY sure you want to xfer to Platinum?

RewardsPlus Gold gives you up to 5 cards (gold as well) for $150. PLUS double points for the 1st year (for hotels/airlines in the program- i.e. Delta, Continental, Westin, Sheraton, Hilton, Marriott)... and 1.5x points thereafter

Platinum costs $300 for the 1st card, $150 for each additional platinum ($75 for additional golds) and doesn't offer bonus points- just standard membership rewards points.

They keep pitching the Platinum to me, and while I like the idea of being "top of the line" ... it makes more sense (and points) to stick w/RewardsPlus. Of course, you can't get Centurion (Black) until you have platinum...

9. crave1wave

mj,

the only thing that draws me to the Platinum is the Concierge service, I think I have a need for it, but on the other hand I dont quite know the limits of them, ie are they good and responsive or slackers. So I have decided that once I am in with the rewards plus and have some time on it i will transfer to the Platinum to see if the Concierge is for me! Even though I was approved for the Platinum, their was no way I was going to give them my 1040 and W-2! Way too personal!!!!!!!!!! I went with the Rewards Plus instead and moving up from their.

10. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Crave1wave,

A late congrats to you. Enjoy!

Dani