I got Chase!! some info...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marypc, Aug 3, 2001.

1. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Hi All,
    I applied for Chase (got an offer in the mail, Im pretty sure it was not pre approved) so I applied, knowing they pull Trans Union here in NJ. On TU, I currently have a paid tax lien, filed in 93 and paid in 96, $750.00. I also have a Paid 13K GMAC chargeoff, due to fall off in 11/02. No other negs.

I got a $5k limit, BT is 1.99 till 7/02, go to rate is 16.9.

Heres the kicker: The offer came to me with the same misspelling of my last name that came from my collection with Gulf State. It is a totally wrong, weird spelling (actually, it is not even close to my maiden name, which Gulf State screwed up.) So, however Chase got hold of my name, it had something to do with this collection! I guess when you have a collection, your name goes on some list, or is sold to someone.
    Gulf State is the only entity to ever mess up my name this way, so I know its them. Its the least that Gulf State can do for me, after jerking me around the way they did. ANyhow, this info might be important since a lot of people think that Chase wont give you a card unless your report is totally clean. Granted, my two negs were old, but they were there. I applied before, about 4 months ago, and when I got declined I called, and the rep was able to read off my negs, so they do see your report and use it to decide whether to accept or decline. I hope this info is helpful to someone. (My Tu score was 694)

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I have always felt that Chase gives classic cards to persons easily who have not had any RECENT bad credit. Your stuff seems all old. Chase gave me a card when my credit was trashed but no new bad items in a year and a half. Congratulations.

If you got Platinum ...then go ahead girl!

3. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Roni, you know it girl, its platinum!!

Also, I never forgot the help you gave me on another board re Arrow Financial. Your answer and encouragement made me feel like I could win this battle after all. And, some of your posts make me laugh out loud, you have a very interesting turn of phrase sometimes :) (Kiss my glory!! :)

I hope everything turns out well for you, especially with the move. Im sure you will love the area you are moving to. Good luck!

4. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Marypc,
    What is your TU score (if you know)? I just ordered my report with the score and today I just found out that my last negative was deleted from TU. I was denied Chase Classic last year and may apply in the next few weeks. Also, how many inquires do you have on TU. THanks and congrats!!!

5. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Hey Molly!!
    My score on TU is 694 (same as when I applied) and I had 4 inquiries on there in the last 8 months. One of those was Chase (so really 3 I guess) and 1 of the remaining three was Chase from a few months ago.

I live in NJ, and the only reason I have so few inquries is that no one seems to pull TU for me. That is one of the reasons I jumped on Chase, since TU is by far my best report.

Good luck if you decide to go for it!

PS, since the range for TU is up to 950, I believe that a 694 for them may be equivalent to a low 600 score for Exp and Equifax, but I may be wrong on that. ANyone care to comment?

6. kbelle72

kbelle72 Well-Known Member

While I agree with you Roni in most cases....My old bad charge off is from Chase so I don't think your theory will exactly apply in my case :)

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Mary!!

Platinum = Wow!

breeze

8. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congrats, Marypc!! I really think you'll like Chase. I have an account and so far they have been great to work with.