I got prime!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by miles, Mar 23, 2001.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: George

:)

CONGRATS

2. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

Miles,I remember your FICO is 750 ,right? So You shouldn't have problem to get any prime card.I got my Juniper with much lower FICO (690).

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

AMEX?

AMEX?

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Re: AMEX?

5. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

WTG Miles - wow - everyone is going prime - you'll still post here now right!!! All you in prime land need to help us sub-primers keep motivated! I've got at least a year and a half left of my sub-prime sentence.

Kelly

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MILES

You don't get "KICKED OFF" when you enter prime-land...I would have been kicked off before I started...

I enjoy this web site and enjoy sharing...

I have been helped too...

7. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

AMEX?

You could get Gold now. Ahem.....
    Hell, Miles I'll make you an AU on my Green Card LOL!!!

8. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

George

Whoa George - you took that the wrong way! - I wasn't implying that anyone gets kicked off. I've been frequenting this board for quite awhile. I've seen many reach prime and leave :-( I was encouraging Miles to stay and help teach the new and not so new subprimers. In other words I miss those that have left, whether former subprimers or not, (Barry, Credit Ranger, and where the hecks Kristi been etc.) and would miss Miles too!

Kelly

9. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Thanks a bunch, GEORGE, Y.M. & Kelly. I really do appreciate the kind words. BTW, Kelly. I have no intentions of leaving this board. Wild horses couldn't drag me away. I love this board & I would miss everyone too much. I am not shallow enough to think that because I received a good card, I'm all that!!! :) I believe that maintaing good credit is just as hard as obtaining it. We all share our experiences with each other on this board whether good or bad and we learn from them. It is a continuous and never ending process.

Dogman- PLEASE don't start. (lol) I'm sweating bullets now trying to stay on the wagon. I'm trying to keep my inquiries to a minimum and spread them out a bit. I will probably be buying another car soon (my current one is clinging to life) and possibly moving. We all know even utility co.'s pull your reports. I WILL apply for an AMEX card soon. Although, that AU card doesn't sound half bad ;-)

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

miles

We all know even utility co.'s pull your reports.

Don't give them SS#.
    If you are "PAID AS AGREED" with the utilities...THEY HAVE NO NEED TO PULL.
    If you change companies...ask for a reference letter.
    If they insist give them a $$$ deposit.
    I HAVE NEVER HAD IN INQUIRY FROM A UTILITY, BUT I HAVEN'T MOVED SINCE 1989...
    A utility pulling???...isn't that like the insurance company pulling your credit report to SEE HOW YOU DRIVE???
    AND THE BOTTOM LINE IS...LIKE THE MORTGAGE...UTILITIES ARE REQUIRED, SO THEY ARE USUALLY ALWAYS PAID.

11. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Re: miles

You're right George. I don't have to give them my SSN. I may be moving to a different city so the utility company will be different from my current one. I forgot about asking for a reference. That is what I will do. My utility accouts are "paid as agreed". If the new company does not accept reference letters, I will just pay a deposit. They usually return it after about 12 months anyway I think. Thanks for the info!!

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: miles

:)