I got the AAdvantage card... T

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kirk, Oct 11, 2000.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I also have another suspension

I think that some of those that were declined may have applied for the wrong card. I tried to be very specific about applying for the Citibank AA card or gold card. But it was so easy to apply for the advantage world or platinum which is much harder to get. Dont you agree the site was confusing?

2. David

David Well-Known Member

RE: I also have another suspen

I would love to apply for this card. My Equifax report is perfect, but pretty recent (oldest tradelines opened in 2/00 and 3/00.)
    I have four total on this report. High income, long time at address and job, 2 inquiries in last 6 mo). Is this just a wasted inquiry for me?

If you think not, should I go for the regular or gold?

3. Tom

Tom Guest

I live in New York,they pulled TU.

4. cadman

cadman Well-Known Member

RE: Anyone with BK... what if

Same question as Chet, except that my chapter 7 BK was in 1993 and Citibank classic and gold was included. They are now off of all three reports. But how long will I be in their database or how far back will they pull report? Can I assume that since I had charge offs, that I will be turned down?

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

why not apply for both. by the way my oldest postive tradeline besides student loans is 4/99. most of mine were 4/00opened. Yes give it a try. for the (once again) Citibank Aadvantage card. you access this card by clicking the world mastercard. Hint it is the silver card. Also. they will probably give you automatic approval. what exactly is 1 inquiry gonna hurt. I had about 20+ very recent inquiries and got it.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

no, i have a defaulted citibank student loan on my report.

7. David

David Well-Known Member

I APPLIED - AND WAS APPROVED!

I just cannot believe it! I have quite a recent credit history, so I thought I would for sure be denied. But I got it. I played it safe and applied for the silver card. Credit limit is $2500, with the 19.40% on purchases. They pulled TransUnion (I have credit monitoring service). I have 10+ inquiries in the past six months, high balances (though they're paid off every month; but creditors don't know that from your report.) All trades are less than a year old. I still can't believe it; thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!

8. cadman

cadman Well-Known Member

Thanks roni, I'll give it a try tomorrow and let everyone know how it turns out.

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

See!

Congratulations.

10. David

David Well-Known Member

RE: See!

And the plane takes off for Daytona a week from tomorrow; maybe I'll have the card to take with!!!!!

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: See!

It takes exactly 8 days. good luck

12. Kirk

Kirk Guest

RE: Anyone with BK getting app

Hi chet. I have a Chapt. 7 BK from 1992 also (discharged 10/01/1992). However, I did not include an Citibank products in that BK and it is not showing on my Equifax report (which I believe is what Citibank uses). It is showing on my Experian and TransUnion reports.

Kirk

13. Kirk

Kirk Guest

Go for it. If I can get it with my history I can't imagine them turning you down given what you've stated here.

14. Kirk

Kirk Guest

Only thing I'd be worried about is the Citibank card included in BK. From what I've heard if you ever included one of their cards in a BK you are on their black list for a LONG time (much worse than even Amex!).

15. steve

steve Well-Known Member

RE: I got the AAdvantage card.

I applied for AA card as well but did'nt get the instant answer, they will notify my soon

did the change some thing , dont understant I thought this is a instant deal

any input?

16. tj

tj Guest

RE: Anyone with BK getting app

I applied and had a BK in 98, they declined and I called. The supervisor I asked for said that the BK had to be AT LEAST 7 YEARS
    to get approved. Most cases it was on your report for 10 years, but they would do it at 7 years