I got the picture!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by breeze, Aug 23, 2001.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: NANA

Breeze is so old, she remembers when tv was black and white...
    Test patterns
    National anthem
    No 24 hour tv
    No cable
    NBC/ABC/NBC only news

:)

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hmmm...well, I do, too...and gas was 35 cents when I was zooming around in highschool convertible.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

OOPS...

NBC/ABC/CBS...

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Yes indeedy George. No answering machines. No computers. No internet. Phone numbers sounded like this: JUstice8-5555.

Ed Sullivan, I love Lucy. Doris Day. Liz Taylor in her 20's. Grace Kelly before she became a princess. The advent of technicolor movies. White gloves, and pillbox hats. Moms stayed home, wore dresses all day, and Dads worked. You dressed up when you flew somewhere, and very few people could afford to fly.

My first car was a Ford Falcon. I remember the day Kennedy was shot (yes, I remember what I was doing). The original Star Trek and Twilight Zone. Howard Cosell. I can go on.........

hahahaha

and YOU GEORGE??? c'mon, how far back can you go?

breeze

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I was teeny when Kennedy was shot and can remember it....came downstairs and Mom was crying.

Now, I'm not teeny, and can't remember this morning, and my mom is still crying! (Don't worry 'bout her..she's just a little..um...weepy kind of person!)

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

OWEN-7-2285 ON ROTARY PHONE
    45'S
    SHAG CARPETING
    8 TRACKS

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Not bad, George!

breeze ;)

8. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

Wow, I really

feel old now....I was married and had children when JFK was shot, can remember living up in the hills with no electricity, indoor plumbing, phone....(of course the folks in town had all the conveniences).

I sure do like life a lot better now!!!

9. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

George,

I remember everything except for the OWEN part. I remember rotary phones, 45's, Shag carpets and 8 tracks. As a matter of fact, I think my father still owns some 8-tracks. I'm only 25. Can't you do better than that? I don't remember the 60's (only because I wasn't born yet), but I do remember some of the 70's.

I used to play 45's on my Fisher Price record player.

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Re: Wow, I really

Don't feel too bad greyfox - I was a sophomore in college. I was sitting on my bed in my dorm room listening to music on the radio when the announcer broke in with the news.

breeze

11. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

Well, I wasn't even thought of yet when all that happened, and I'm SURE I was the futhest thing from my mothers mind..... :)

12. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

Ha! I was a little guy waiting for the afternoon (west coast time), when my birthday party was to start. About 50 kids were invitedâ?¦ Needless to say the event traumatized me so much that I grew to take my aggressions out on others, as a COLLECTOR!

Hay does anyone remember hula-hoops?

13. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I remember Hula Hoops! As a matter of fact, I am seeing them all over again. This time with a new twist, water inside to make the motion easier.

Whoda thunk it?

14. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Well, of course we had it tough.We lived in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

-Peace, Dave

15. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO

16. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Walked 10 miles to school every day, 7 days a week, in the snow, even in summer, uphill both ways.

breeze

17. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I not only REMEMBER hola hoops, I was the neighborhood champion! Ha! Wonder if I could still do it....

probably not....

tried to show my daughter how to do a cartwheel not too long ago and pulled all my muscles...OUCH!