I Hate Experian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hal, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Today my score dropped 20 POINTS! It was already embarrassingly low, I won't say how low because I'm embarrassed.

The only difference in Friday and Today is that a collection account was added over the weekend - Does this account for a 20 point drop???

I am also mad about the collection account. It is for a creditor that responded a two months ago to my validation letter advising they could not locate my account, would I please provide them with the account number (Yeah right, that was going to happen). They deleted the entry from Experian, and apparently sold it to this collection agency - the validation letter to them is already in the mail.

What really ticks me off is that Experian says this has been reported since 5/01 - odd considering it was not showing Friday - or did I sleep for 3 1/2 months thinking it was a weekend?

2. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

Hal, my Experian dropped 26 points over the weekend. This is due to the fact that two new collection accounts were added - both of which are duplicative of already existing collections listed in my report. These new items do not belong there - I am being double penalized for them. I've disputed them online yesterday when I found them on CreditExpert. I called Experian this morning, too, and was told that while they appear to be duplicative of items already on my file, I have to wait until the investigation is done for them to be cleared off. What a bunch of crap - they know this is not right, and now my credit score has to suffer for at least 30 days until they correct their own mistake. This is very frustrating and upsetting. I hope someday soon they get their tails nailed to the wall in a class action suit. And I am sorry to hear that you, too, are suffering at the hands of these folks. Very disgusting to me.

3. IncomeHelp

IncomeHelp Well-Known Member

I have been waiting for Experian to show a Visa card I got in April. Today it shows with a posting /whatever date of 5/01. Perhaps they are that slow about reporting things.

They also told me I would have to wait 30 days for ANOTHER investigation of an incorrect Providian account they have been dancing with me for months over. Well the dancing is over and I have my documentation so its off to court we go. I faxed them a very short demand note last night with little or no information except Providian, documented violations, and pay damages or delete, OR do nothing until we meet before the judge. I gave them 10 days in the letter to respond or not, but I am filing on Friday this week. I've already filled out the paperwork. Friday because I have taken that day off of work to file suit and celebrate.

I hate Experian also.

John