I have a problem with Capital

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Nov 12, 2000.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Roni

Hey, mom
    I also have a MBNA account for Ethan Allen for $5,500 opened 7/00. I owe 3,600 on it now. I am making payments to pay it off in a year. Alot like your heilig myers.

2. Carrot

Carrot Guest

RE: I have a problem with Capi

I tried to get Providian to upgrade me to Gold status last week. I spoke to a supervisor who told me I was not eligible for Gold status because I'd gone over my limit in September by $1.80 because of finance charges. WHATEVER! I did the irate customer thing so she reviewed my account and told me I was better off with the Classic because the interest rate on it is 16.99 and the Gold is 19-something. I asked her if it was posssible to get a Gold with the Classic APR and she said no. She did waive my annual fee and give me a 1K increase, which I declined because I didn't want a credit limit increase, I wanted a card that was less unattractive old Blue Classsic.

I dont know if the Supervisor was lying about the APR thing, but if you've gotten Providian to lower your APR, it may not be worth your while to go for the Gold card. How soon are you in the market for a mortgage--2002? If you are, would it make that big a difference to slowly close out the credit cards that have the worst terms, even if they are your oldest accounts? By 2002 you will have two years of payment history on your loans,two years with Citi, Chase, and your store cards, plus your car loan. Closing Cap1 and Providian may not make that big of a difference score-wise over the course of the two years.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

that had crossed my mind

I was thinking. I will be mortgage hunting in 2002 once discover drops. I have patience. And the cap one card will only be 6 months older than providian. And providian will only be 3-4 months older than chase and citi. I am trying to keep them for one year . I closed 1 capital one account tonight. I might close another one or I might old out and combine them. The thing I dont like about capital one is that they dont report credit limits. citi doesnot either to experian. But still. I am gonna brew over this for a few days and make a decision. thanks for your input.
    roni.

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Capital One

You're right about CapOne. If you keep any of their cards, it should be the oldest one. You need CapOne for window dressing, not for credit.

5. Michael

Michael Guest

RE: Mike. cap1 a no what about

I have gotten for clients increases with Aria this way also.

I thought you wanted to consolidate all of your Cap. 1 accounts into one however!

6. floatvalve

floatvalve Guest

I paid out my Capital One online and sent them a letter confirming this and they sent me a Gold APP. Only $500.00 limit though.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

thanks everyone for your responses. I closed one of my new capital one accounts. I dont think I will get a gold from either of them. And an inquiry is not worth it.

roni.