I have begun my quest

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Oct 18, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I begun my quest today to up my scores. First I mailed that collection, thanks J Edgar, so I am sure they won't bother me again. But as for my scores, I sent First USA a prove or remove letter for those NINE inquries they placed on my report, NINE I was never that desperate. I also maile Providian again and I hoping this letter and the wording will do, all certified mail of course. I also called Equifax and disputed my Helig Meyers account and then immediately called HM who assured me my account was closed and they would verify this. I still have alot work ahead, but I feel that I am atleast trying to get the ball rolling. I am praying I receive many updated reports from Equifax:)

2. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

You go momof3

Day 1

3. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Good luck to you!

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Miles, I will keep everyone posted of course:)

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Control them, Mom - UR doin it

Hi Mom- don't you worry - credit ratings are not FIXED. They are fluid, and continuously go up, down etc.

If you had asked me a yr ago if I would EVER
    have a decent card again, I would of said - yeah - in 7 yrs!

Now your hubby got that AA Card, immediately get an additional card in your name.
    That should move your credit up in a yr for whatever you want.

See - by spending a few hours on this today, you've already taken control.
    Let's face it. Computers are stupid devices. If you need to feed it some specific info to get a certain card you want, you fix the report. Then the stupid computer reads you met the criteria, zap, no human interaction.

I won't comment if I ever "fixed" my report cards when I was a kid. I will say my Dad
    once thought my "B" looked more like a "D"
    -- that was altered. Unfortunately, at a casual PTA mtg, ........ :)

Don't ask me if I ever filled their Vodka bottle back to the prior level with water.
    Don't ask me if I ever inhaled.

AND, to answer your occasional dinner date question from a few citibank pages back,
    I am on of those that dates whomever I am attracted to :) !!!!
    Don't you love my tangents?

Mom, you're doing it now. So am I.
    My personal thanks to you for reminding ME again I am improving my credit too!

Dogman :)

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Control them, Mom - UR doi

Thanks so much DOG for your words. Actually both hubby and me were approved for the shh dare I say it AA cards from you know who:) I too won't comment of my dad's vodka bottle, or if I ever inhaled:)

Mom

8. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

RE: Control them, Mom - UR doi

:) LOL!