I have no credit.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Joshua Mim, Jun 10, 2000.

1. Joshua Mim

Joshua Mim Guest

I just turned 18 on May 24. I've been applying for some credit cards here and there, and can't get approved; "Insufficient Credit Established"--or something to that effect. Now, how am I supposed to get a credit card, if I have no credit? It's all Greek to me.

2. David D

David D Guest

Well, what cards did you apply for? With no credit, applying for "prime cards" like American Express, Chase, Bank of America, etc. will probably continue to net you letters of declination.

3. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

The easiest cards to obtain are the oil cards and department store cards. Get them first, use them for a couple of months. Some take as long as 6 months to report.

http://www.creditsense.com

4. AP

AP Guest

I suggest you to apply for a Prividian Bank credit card, they have the Aria credit card for example. They probably will give you a credit card with a high interest rate, but they will give you one. If the interest is very high I suggest you to make small purchases once in a while so you can pay in full every month. Then you can start applying for other credit cards with lower rates.

5. Meredith

Meredith Guest

I would suggest Target, they gave me my first card followed closely by AT & T universal card. If you are going to be attending college look for cards for college students they will have high rates, but you will get a card.