I have now seen it all...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Don, Apr 18, 2000.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member

I have, in my possession, the final statement for my wife's CCB card...it's an actual CCB statement, showing a zero balance, no minimum payment due, and no interest accrued...I'm not sure whether to send it to the Smithsonian, or have it framed..

Along with it, we have the letter from the fine people at CCB confirming the account is closed..

I'm giving 50:50 at best that we don't get another 3-4 statements, at least until annual fee time comes up...

2. Russell

Russell Guest

Speaking of the yearly fee.....I had had enough of their games and the last time they "lost" my payment I demanded that they close my account. That was 2 months ago. Now they have charged me the $50 annual fee and they say it is because any time they have to send out a statement or keep records, they charge the fee. Is this standard practice? I have a legit MasterCard that I closed and have been paying off and they did not charge me the fee! I want to read their disclosure statements but I can't find mine and they won't send me anything! What can I do (besides pay it?)

3. Meredith

Meredith Guest

I have letters confirming closed accounts and zero balances with CCB, and keep receiving statements to this effect. I also assume I will get statements until yearly fee time arrives as well.

Russell, I tried closing my mothers accounts with balances and CCB would not allow it and has hiked her interest rate since she said she would close the accounts. Their reasoning is yet again one of their mystery late payments. Since I pay her bills I know that this is not true. They have a goal of making it impossible for her to pay off the cards. Good Luck, I unlike my mother don't take any @!#$ and will be suing them.