I Have Zero Negs On Trans Union!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Aug 3, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I sent a fax dispute for one item and then started another dispute a week later online for additional items. I called to check the status of the fax dispute and they said it was deleted!!! I disputed another account that was labeled-closed by creditor and that was changed to closed by consumer.

I also got the address and phone number of AMerican Express Insurnace so I can get two inquires removed. They said they were going to pull my report and then they called back and said they weren't but when I got my report it showed two inquires, one in May and one in July.

As of right now I have 2 negatives left on Experian and Equifax. I am still working on those.

2. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Congrats, Molly!

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Terrific!!!

breeze

4. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Molly: So you are ready to apply for Chase, aren't you?

5. molly

molly Well-Known Member

687 is my score

Actually I just received my Trans Union report today also. My score is 687 out of a possible 950. Reason for my low score are:
    Factor 1: Too many recently opened accounts
    I opened a Citibank card in January, a Chevron card in March, a Bank of America and Car lease in April.

Factor 2: Lenth of time accounts have been established is too short.
    I have student loans dating back to 1992 but my oldest credit card was opened in 12/98
    Factor 3: Too few satisfactory accounts.
    I have 17 positive accounts and no negatives.
    Factor 4: Too many inquires.
    I have 9 inquires over the past 2 years six of them are in the last 6 months. I am trying to get 2 removed though.

I don't know about Chase. I may wait a while. What do you think?

6. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Re: 687 is my score

Something else I forgot to mention, I had a car dealer pull my trans union score on 3-24-01 and he said it was 651 so 4 months later and the removal of my only negative raised my score 36 points. And don't forget all the points I lost for opening too many new accounts.

7. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congratulations on having a clean TU report. Hard work really pays off!! :-D

I think with no negatives, you shouldn't have a problem opening an account with Chase. I have had my card for about 5 months. No problems yet. Customer service has been very friendly and helpful even though I have only had to call several times with questions. Good luck with your decision.

8. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

Molly,

I just received my TU report and it does not have factors or a score. Do I need to request this info specifically to get it from them?

9. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

My disputes were just finished with TU. When I called for the status I told the rep that the other updates I had received did not include the score. She said she'd send it with this final update. Call and ask. She wouldn't give it to me by phone, though, as they had done for others here a few weeks ago.

10. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

Thanks Mist.