I hope you guys are proud!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Feb 26, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

This afternoon, I cancelled/closed ORCHARD and FIRST PREMIER (wink,Donna). I also combined my two capital one accounts ($400 and $2,000). I am so happy. I had Orchard since 4/00 with a lousy $100 increase which I paid $10. First Premier just sucks and no explanation is necessary. FP offered to eliminate the participation fee of $6 and to lower the apr to 13% and to reduce the annual fee to $45. Oh that is great. My credit limit is only $350. Please give me a break.

The guy at capital one was trying everything to get me to not combine the accounts. I finally had to tell him that I was gonna combine them or close them. What a bluffer I am. The best thing is they closed the account that opened in 8/00 and kept the older account the 11/99 account. They combined the limits so I have $2,400 credit limit with capital one.

Orchard didnot offer me anything really. She just begged me to call the retention department. She didnot even transfer me. She wanted me to hang up and call them. They really need to get their act together. The best thing is I avoided annual fees with Orchard and FP.

roni

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

:)

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

I AM!!!! :) :) :)

WOOHOO! FANTASTIC!

hehehehe But, Roni, I'm jealous. 1st Premier at least tried to keep you. The rep with whom I spoke didn't offer me much at all.

Doesn't it feel great to be rid of them, though? I'm still feeling good about getting rid of that confounded card. I hated having to accept it in the first place and it feels terrific not to need it any more.

And farewell to Orchard! Canceling them was a good thing because I don't think you were going to get much further with your limit.

And combining your Cap One account was a wise move. You have one card with a decent limit and one less acount will be open on your reports. I'm sure this will help your score.

Again, Good work. :)

Donna

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Good for you. I am glad you are finally rid of those 2 cards.

Mom

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: I AM!!!! :) :) :)

the girl at fp was kinda dingy. she was really sweet. fp really is the bottom of the barrel.

6. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

Way to go Roni:)

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

also, I forgot to mention....

They guy at capital one (which was a real sleezeball) asked me why I wanted to combine them. I told him I had too many cards and didnot want to pay another annual fee. He says "well ma'am you already paid the annual fees for both cards already". SO-duh.

Anyway, he then ask me how many cards I have. I told him that had ~10. ( I didnot see how that was any of his business). He says'thats not alot, I spoke with someone today with 60 cards." I told him "well that's his problem". The nerve of the capital one reps with all their double talk. Luckily I am as trained with credit as I am or I would have fallen victim to his lines.

roni

8. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I AM proud of you. Great job & congrats. I think I will try to combine my two Capital One cards soon myself. I wonder why he didn't want you to combine them? Too much work for him or would this bring you closer to Platinum? Hmmm...

9. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Yep, pretty close to the botto

--------------------------
    Cross Country is at the bottom and 1st Premier is probably one step above. I didn't really have any problems with them other than their confounded stinginess. The $50 increase was an insult. If I had been a negligent customer, I could have understood; but I hadn't been. My one-year payment history with them was perfect. Good customers are to be rewarded, I thought, but 1st Premier must think otherwise. Anyway, I'm glad you and I are both rid of them.

Donna

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Read my post below. I explained the convo more. I dont think they will be offering me platinum anytime soon. They didnot even offer me gold yet. I am still with the marble green dinosaur. This card truly sits in my dresser drawer.

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I had perfect payment history

I had perfect payment history with orchard and first premier. No increases at all. They really suck.

Providian I have been perfect with also. I am up for credit line increase this month.

Capital one I had a few lates when I moved. Not 30 days though. I just forgot the first payment was due. I dont think they will give me an increase for another 6 months because of that. I even bet they will try to tell me that I have to wait 6 months for an increase now since I combined the accounts. They are so crazy. But Increases from capital one doesnot mean much because they dont report the credit limit anyway. right?

roni

12. rich

rich Guest

spare us .... time to get a life.

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

And your point is, what rich???

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Can i have yours?

Punk!

15. BURT KELLE

BURT KELLE Guest

RE: I had perfect payment hist

RONI,

YOU SPEND SOOOOO MUCH TIME ON THIS SITE DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL "BAGGAGE". QUITE FRANKLY I WOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR CREDIT HISTORY. CLEARLY YOU DIDN'T PAY YOUR STUDENT LOANS OFF...OR MAYBE YOU JUST DIDN'T CARE. EITHER WAY, SPARE US YOUR EXPERT B.S. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT AMOUNTS TO.

16. JB

JB Well-Known Member

Hey Roni. If the Orchard rep recommended calling retention, they could possibly help you out. Give it a go, 1-800-597-1122.

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

ORCHARD WILL SEND LTR OFFERING

RONI, ORCHARD WILL SEND YOU A LETTER OFFERING AN INCREASE. I THREATENED TO CLOSE MY MASTERCARD AND THEY CLOSED IT BY MISTAKE AND WHEN I CALLED BACK AND TOLD THEM I NEVER ASKED FOR IT TO BE CLOSED SHE SAID WE CAN GIVE YOU A $300 CL INCREASE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. MY ACCT WAS REOPENED IN 24HRS AND I HAD $300 MORE CREDIT. ALSO I REC'D A LETTER A FEW DAYS LATER SAYING THAT THEY WOULD OFFER ME THIS IF I WOULD NOT CLOSE MY ACCT. SO WHILE YOU ARE ON THE PHONE THEY WILL TELL YOU THEY HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER BUT LATER ON THEY WILL MAIL YOU A LETTER OFFERING SOMETHING MORE. I THINK THIS IS THEIR WAY OF BLUFFING TO SEE IF YOU WILL HANG ON THE CARD AND WHEN THEY SEE YOU ARE LEAVING FOR SURE THEY SEND THE LETTER OFFERING AN INCREASE. KEEP ME POSTED IF YOU GET A LETTER TOO