I jus paid for an increse

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kenny, Apr 30, 2001.

1. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

I just paid FNBM 30 for a 100.00

and I paid CCB 100 for 350

Both only do increases every 6 months. First National Bank of Marin does 100 max Cross Country does 350 only for 100.

Cross Country did say around Christmas time they have given out 1000 increases for free.

First National is so tight with their line increases. For all the bad stuff I have heard about Cross County they and been good with me and the customer service has been great.

I also have a Providian gold. I want 1 4th card want should I go for? What would be another good card to compliment the ones I have now, as of now I do not have any store cards. I'm afraid to apply in a store and get rejected.

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Anything would be a compliment to what you have now. Why don't you try Cap1, Providian, Orchard or FCNB>

3. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I will NEVER pay for a line increase. I will close the account and go elsewhere.

4. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

First Premier charges 25.00 just to consider you for your first increase. If you dont get it you still have to pay. FIRST PREMIER SUCKS>

5. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

As far as being concerned about rejections in person (I have the same fear, ugh!). You can apply online or over the phone with some cards. The following are the ones I was approved for without stepping in a store.

Victoria's Secret (through 800 number) had to wait for answer through snail mail
    Spiegel (online) told me instantly I was approved
    Target (online) told me instantly I was approved
    Nordstrom's (online) does not have instant decision but got the card in less than a week.

I would love a Home Depot card but would have to go in the store:-( The Spiegel card can be used in Eddie Bauer too, so it was a good one to go for. All of the 4 cards have very high interest rates (20%+) so I suspect they do a lot of sub-prime lending. I have FICO's in the mid 600s mostly.

Good luck to you.