I Just Cancelled Bellagio :(

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Sep 11, 2001.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Hi - you all remember of course that I hit 2 royal flushes, both diamonds, within a few hours at Bellagio on last Memorial Day (may). It paid a total of $5000. I was and am quite pleased.

They have invited me to come down ever since.
    They sent this time three free nights, free spa admission, $150 free play, and ---- I was going Sat, Sun, and Mon nite - in a lovely jacuzzi suite - at Bellagio expense.

BUT - I just called them and told them I wasn't in the mood to even think about flying anywhere this week!

FYI - she obviously had other cancellations - she sounded like she had cancelled a bunch today/tonight.

I love Bellagio - but my butt is not flying now. AND I have 2 weeks vacation starting next week. I'll drive to Reno or take the Coast Starlight Express from Seattle to LA - in a nice cabin compartment. They serve gourmet food on this run - check it out on AMTRAK site.

Hmmm - cya dogman

2. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Dog-

I understand your concern. I will be flying for work this week and I am a little nervous myself.

One thing we need to try to do is NOT BE SCARED. That's what 'they' want, and that's how they will win.

We need to continue our lives as normal as possible. We need to show them that we will NOT buckle to their cowardly acts.

I know this will be hard to do, but we just have to.

Don't get me wrong, we need to take precautions, but we can't let them get to us.

Shawn

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Shawn - I agree - but my own personal sense - do I want to XXXX with body and dog searches at airports - look over my shoulder at every person - wondering....

San Francisco RIGHT NOW has the Golden gate Bridge protected by the Coast Guard.

We are in lockdown status. Everyone is hunkered down, hoping they do not go for San Francisco - the MOST LOGICAL west coast penetration point,

The Mayor has the City in "limited emergency status" meaning everything public is closed - as 99% of all provate businesses.

They mention severe security driving near or across the Golden Gate Bridge or the Oakland Bay Bridge.

I cannot believe we have been and may soon again - be attacked!
    cyaz dogman

4. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

I understand 100%, just trying to convince myself I guess......

scary stuff.

5. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

LEADERSHIP....

thats what you demonstrated in your first email Shawn.

I bet you can get people together - probably know a bunch of people. You have a take charge attitude - which is great.

just sideline comment - cya dogman