I JUST GOT BOFA ONLINE!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Apr 26, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I thought I was applying for the visa classic and I checked before I submitted to make sure. After careful consideration I clicked submit. You have to wait, and wait for 1-3 minutes. I closed my eyes and prayed to God-I promise I won't apply for anything else until I get these student loans removed or at least until I give it my best shot. My heart started beating faster and faster then-I heard something :-0, but then I look and it's just an instant email notification from msn. I close my eyes again and then I look. Suspense, Suspense- it was killing me. But then it appeared:

YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR A BOFA VISA GOLD WITH A $3800 CREDIT LIMIT, YOUR APR IS 3.9%YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR CARD IN 5 BUSINESS DAYS!!!!!

Now that I can breath again I am wondering if that was fixed 3.9, I'm sure its not but I thougt I saw intro rate but then when I clicked it, it said fixed. At this point I don't care. This is my highest limit card. Here are my cards and the dates I got them, if you're interested:

Cap ONe Secured 12/98 Open still but not secured (opened with $200 and now is $2700 due to combinig with gold card this month)

Target 5/99 Closed now
    (opened with $200 closed at $300)

Orchard 7/99 Closed
    (started at $650 closed at $850)

Amex Secured 10/00 Open
    (i like this because it doesn't report, was nice when i got my Golds membership) (opened with $200 now $1500)

Citibank AA 10/00converted to Plat 11/00 Open (opened at $2000 now $3000)

Kay Jewelers 10/00 Open
    (opened $500)

Cap One Gold 11/00 Combined with classic 4/01(opened at $200 but now at $2700 because it was combined with the classic)

Citibank AA 1/01
    (opened $2500)

Chevron 2/01
    (I have no idea what the limit is)

Bof A Visa Gold 4/01
    ($3800)

2. am

am Guest

Re: I JUST GOT BOFA ONLINE!!!!

hey Molly,
    GREAT JOB. It's wonderful to reach levels in the credit world--especially when you work as hard as many of us have to start out or rectify past blunders.
    Getting a respected, major bank like that is a good sign for you--keep us all posted!
    You Go Girl!
    AnnMarie
    ps how'd you get your Citi up so quick? thanks

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I know you feel good!

breeze

4. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

Congrats molly! Do you already have a BofA bank account like Advantage (Prima in CA) or maybe Premier? I didn't fare as well...they put me in for plat but that was denied. Instead, I got a counteroffer for a preapproved secured gold card (deposit $250-$4999) or secured platinum card (deposit $5000-$10k). Looks like they only pulled TU which is my worst :(

5. molly

molly Well-Known Member

As I said I applied for the classic but the response said gold. I have had my checking account with bofa for 6 years and I had to put in the account # when I applied. Maybe they have special rules for customers. Do you work for the credit dept for bofa ss? I will wait for my card to see what type it is and besides I got approved for $3800 and thats all that matters to me. I even checked on their site for status of my app and it said gold visa 3800 you'll receive your card in 5 days. Please tell us how you know so much ss. I'm curious.

Also for the person who asked about Citibank-I can't see the name from here. I got the $1000 increase at my 6 month mark. I got it instantly online when you check your statement.

I have never lied about anything here and I don't think I have led on that I might have. Why would I lie? I mean this only to SS who posted as guest

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Congrats Molly. You are doing great. Next the new car!

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

congratulations Molly. I wish I could get BofA. I think they turned me down already. I am sure they are a transunion user.

roni

8. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I figured they had to of used Trans or Equifax. Trans only has one negative and Equifax has three but two of them are in disptue, which if we are correct in thinking may be neutral and as a result my score may be a little higher. Trans is 651 and Eqiufax is 641 (in March).

9. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Congratulations Molly!

Kelly

10. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

KEWL

Gold and Platinum variations are out there.
    As a matter of fact, there are Citibank Platinum
    and others that are $1000 limit.

CONGRATS! You're doing very well :)
    cya dogman

11. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Re: KEWL

I just checked Experian online and that's who they pullled. I am mad, I now have 8 inquires in the last 6 months. I only did it cause I thought they would pull Trans or Equifax. Oh well, I got it and that's all that counts.

12. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

I was approved two weeks ago with a lot of inquires (like 8 or 10) on my equifax report
    (They pulled Equifax on me), i didn't have any BofA banking account by the time I applied.

13. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Congrats to you. You will really enjoy Bof A. They are easy to work with and alwasy send out tons of offers for doing BT's with a very low rate of 8.5 or 8.9. I just transferred a bunch over at 8.5 and they gave me $5000 more towards my credit limit to do it.

judy

14. Matt

Matt Active Member

Congrats.. I was Denied a while back.. Thought of opening a Checking account, to improve my changes. Does anyone know if this will?

15. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congratulations Molly! You will enjoy your card. I have one as well and have had no problems. Customer service has been awsome. The only complaint I have is that I can only view my account and transactions online. I cannot make a payment. I don't have a checking or savings account with BofA and that is a requirement for online payments. That sucks as I'm used to paying practically all of my accounts online. This won't affect you as you have a checking account with them. Good luck!!

Matt- I believe that they are partial to customers who have an account with them in relation to offering a credit card. Otherwise, I have heard it's pretty difficult to get an account with them. Not sure though. Good luck with your decision.

16. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Molly-

Watch the rate very carefully - it sounds like the deal I got - 3.9% for 6 mos then WHAM 17.49%.

B of A is funny about lowering rates or raising lines - it took me a bunch of phone calls and a balance transfer (moved everything OFF of this card and left it w/a $0 balance) for them to raise the limit.

The best they could do to lower my rate was a balance transfer offer of 9.9% until paid off (but my purchase APR stayed at 17.49%). This struck me as silly- since payments go to the lower rate balance first, anything you charged would be charged at 17.49 UNTIL the lower rate balance was paid off. Why would I use the card (and how would they make any money?)... but that's how they work, so the card sits in my drawer.

They're an OK bank as far as customer service and the rest of it goes -- they just seem to be too score-driven (without any override abilities).

best,
    mj

17. sam

sam Well-Known Member

17.49% is crazy, if you work citibank they'll give you 9.9% on purchases (prime+1.9%). They are really easy to get, and if you know which bureau they are going to pull, and dispute all negatives a few weeks before applying, you'll find yourself with a card :)

18. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Congrats Molly! -Dave

19. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Congradulation, I applied for BofA Visa last year on-line and they didn't approve instantly. The message told me that my application need further processing and in about a day or two I got a message from my email. They approved me BofA Platinium Visa with credit line $6300 and the fixed rate of 9.9 % APR. I don't know the rate something to do with the checking account and Plat.Mastercard with them for last few years. They haven't called me to verify any information like first time when I was applied for their Plat. Mastercard.
    I took avantage their autopay for both my Plat Visa and Mastercard and the payment is automatically deducted from my checking each month.

Ron.

20. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I didn't do a balance transfer. I just got the card. I will wait and see what my percentage rate is. I may onlly use it for small things and then pay off each month. Since I won't be doing anything except getting a new apartment for a while (ok, unless I can get Experian clean and then try for Amex) I think the positive trade line can only help. Besides Amex, I want a house but that is at least three years away.