I just received mulitple offer

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mimi, Feb 23, 2001.

1. mimi

mimi Guest

NCS credit limit of $4000 guaranteed

1st Nat'l Credit-pre-approved Goal card $15,000

Cross County Bank Visa Gold

What's the deal with all of these? What should I do? Take them all?
  2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: I just received mulitple o

The first two arenot real credit cards (ie not visa or mc). As for Cross Country, where have you been?

3. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

Trash them

first national is for catalog shopping at inflated prices.Cross country is the worst bank on the planet.
  4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Trash them

I agree shred them all!!!
  5. mimi

mimi Guest

Thanks guys. In the trash the

I knew something was up, cause how the HELL would I be pre-approved for a $15k Gold card?

Not right now at least. :eek:)

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: Trash them

LOAN SHARKS OF AMERICA INC. because the loan sharks can't charge that much and get away with it...
  7. mimi

mimi Guest

Wow, I didn't know that.

Just came on board. Thanks.
  8. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

RE: Wow, I didn't know that.

Mimi, welcome to the board. Stay away from Cross Country they are thieves. There was a topic on Cross Country just a few days ago just to give you some opinions. Scroll down the page and you should find it. What kind of credit cards were you interested in - subprime/prime, no annual fees, low interest rates, etc. Let us know and we'll be happy to offer you some suggestions.

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: Wow, I didn't know that.

JUST KIDDING...but it could have been true with all the problems with CCB.
  10. mimi

mimi Guest

Well I'm trying to re-establis

I went through a terrible divorce. I'm proud to say that I'm a "Survivor" of domestic violence.

I'm just wondering if I can save my credit. It's really bad. Everything got charge-off. I'm not happy about it but at the time, I couldn't do anything about it.

I've manage to get a loan to pay off all of my previous debt so now they're PAID charge-offs. I have a school loan of 23k which went into collections. I've manage to get that consolidated by direct loans. Now it's in a deferred status.

I would like 1 major credit card with a nice balance on it...just in case I need it for emergencies. You know how they seem to pop up when you're not looking. But I don't want to have too many inquiries. I'm sure my score is low enough....probably 50. LOL

I would like to purchase a house in the near future. It's just me, my dgtr and my BIG dog (Rottie). He needs a big back yard.

Any suggestions? Is there any hope for me??
  11. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Mimi here's a different avenue

Sorry to hear about the domestic violence, however, it does give you a very different option. Go to your local Social Security office and apply for a new ss number. It used to be that you had to prove SS fraud even w/domestic violence cases. Now you don't. Just having evidence of domestic violence allows you to have a new SSN.

The idea is that the person who abused you can trace your whereabouts by your ssn, I think.

Anyway, take proof of the violence, go make an appt w/SSA, and have them issue you a new SSN. With the new SSN, use a different address and different creditors to try and keep the files separate.

And to quell the questions: NO, this is not file segregation.. It's a fresh chance, a new start, courtesy of the SSA. I just don't want her old stuff to somehow mix w/her new SSN. (FOr those creditors who don't use SSN as a match).

Anyway, from out of the ashes, you get a new start. Good luck, by the way.
  12. Michael

Michael Guest

RE: Mimi here's a different av

Also use different phone #
    as for the address even use a different zip code!

Also never cross reference any old accounts even good ones with the new file your creating.

Start with a $500.00 secured card and get off to a good start. Apply for Mobil 4-5 months latter and within 1 yr you will have some good prime cards. Try Citibank, and Aria.