I just received mulitple offer

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mimi, Feb 23, 2001.

1. mimi

mimi Guest

NCS credit limit of $4000 guaranteed

1st Nat'l Credit-pre-approved Goal card $15,000

Cross County Bank Visa Gold

What's the deal with all of these? What should I do? Take them all?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: I just received mulitple o

The first two arenot real credit cards (ie not visa or mc). As for Cross Country, where have you been?

roni

3. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

Trash them

first national is for catalog shopping at inflated prices.Cross country is the worst bank on the planet.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Trash them

I agree shred them all!!!

5. mimi

mimi Guest

Thanks guys. In the trash the

I knew something was up, cause how the HELL would I be pre-approved for a $15k Gold card?

Not right now at least. :eek:)

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: Trash them

CROSS COUNTRY BANK have been BASHED by
    LOAN SHARKS OF AMERICA INC. because the loan sharks can't charge that much and get away with it...

7. mimi

mimi Guest

Wow, I didn't know that.

Just came on board. Thanks.

8. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

RE: Wow, I didn't know that.

Mimi, welcome to the board. Stay away from Cross Country they are thieves. There was a topic on Cross Country just a few days ago just to give you some opinions. Scroll down the page and you should find it. What kind of credit cards were you interested in - subprime/prime, no annual fees, low interest rates, etc. Let us know and we'll be happy to offer you some suggestions.

Dani

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: Wow, I didn't know that.

JUST KIDDING...but it could have been true with all the problems with CCB.

10. mimi

mimi Guest

Well I'm trying to re-establis

I went through a terrible divorce. I'm proud to say that I'm a "Survivor" of domestic violence.

I'm just wondering if I can save my credit. It's really bad. Everything got charge-off. I'm not happy about it but at the time, I couldn't do anything about it.

I've manage to get a loan to pay off all of my previous debt so now they're PAID charge-offs. I have a school loan of 23k which went into collections. I've manage to get that consolidated by direct loans. Now it's in a deferred status.

I would like 1 major credit card with a nice balance on it...just in case I need it for emergencies. You know how they seem to pop up when you're not looking. But I don't want to have too many inquiries. I'm sure my score is low enough....probably 50. LOL

I would like to purchase a house in the near future. It's just me, my dgtr and my BIG dog (Rottie). He needs a big back yard.

Any suggestions? Is there any hope for me??

11. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Mimi here's a different avenue

Sorry to hear about the domestic violence, however, it does give you a very different option. Go to your local Social Security office and apply for a new ss number. It used to be that you had to prove SS fraud even w/domestic violence cases. Now you don't. Just having evidence of domestic violence allows you to have a new SSN.

The idea is that the person who abused you can trace your whereabouts by your ssn, I think.

Anyway, take proof of the violence, go make an appt w/SSA, and have them issue you a new SSN. With the new SSN, use a different address and different creditors to try and keep the files separate.

And to quell the questions: NO, this is not file segregation.. It's a fresh chance, a new start, courtesy of the SSA. I just don't want her old stuff to somehow mix w/her new SSN. (FOr those creditors who don't use SSN as a match).

Anyway, from out of the ashes, you get a new start. Good luck, by the way.

12. Michael

Michael Guest

RE: Mimi here's a different av

Also use different phone #
    as for the address even use a different zip code!

Also never cross reference any old accounts even good ones with the new file your creating.

Start with a $500.00 secured card and get off to a good start. Apply for Mobil 4-5 months latter and within 1 yr you will have some good prime cards. Try Citibank, and Aria.