I just took the plunge and

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Melissa, Mar 13, 2001.

1. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

joined Junum. I hope I have as much success as some of the rest of you have had. I am nervous about spending the money but hey what can it hurt. My major derogs I currently have are a judgement in 7/00 and 2 charge offs with capital one but that one is in a rehab program with them to get a new card and a dayton's/target charge off in 1996. I have a few other paid collections and some unpaid collections including 2 which I believe are duplicates for Ameritech at 454 and 453 respectively from 1996. 1996 was the year I separated from my ex husband. So it was a bad year.

2. Flagirl

Flagirl Well-Known Member

Congrats, Melissa. I recently changed from Lexington and joined Junum, also...waiting on my reports right now. Lexington did a wonderful job for me, but it was getting really expensive. I hope that I also have the same luck with Junum as many others on this board have had.

GOOD LUCK!
    Corri

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Flagirl - Did Lex have any luck getting a BK public record off your report or "included in Bankruptcy" credit card accounts removed?

4. Flagirl

Flagirl Well-Known Member

Re: Jim

Sorry, Jim,
    I didn't have a BK. Just charge off and collections. Wish I could help.

5. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Re: Jim

Flagirl: So was Lexington able to remove all your charge offs and collections from the chargeoffs? I assume not all of them since you are going Junum.. but just wondering as far as success rate goes..

6. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

Melissa...re cap one rehab

How do you get a capital one rehab account? In other words, is there a way to still pay it and get it caught up>?

7. will

will Active Member

Re: Taking the plunge

I just signed up last night after receiving the last of my reports in the mail. I was going to attempt some disputes on my own, but I decided that if Junum could be half as successful as it has been for others it would be well worth the price. I find myself agreeing w/Eboni's post a while back, in that the few hours that I have at home when I'm not working are worth a lot more than the fees. I'll post my results to the board.

8. Melissa

Christi, Capital One story(lon

My account after it was charged off was sent to their collections department within Capital One and I started paying them 150 dollars last July and I have been paying them that since. They still charge me a lot of interest. My account was originally a limit of 500 dollars and was charged off at 1700 dollars. It is currently down to 1200 dollars because interest at 23.9 % still accrues even with my payments since July. This next month, I am planning on sending them 400-700 dollars and they are going to stop my interest all together and then when I have finished paying down the balance they offered to send me a new unsecured credit card with a 2000 dollar credit limit. They have offered me several settlements to the account but I never had the money at the time of the offers so I just chose to continue to pay them at 150 dollars a pop. Yes, I am getting robbed with interest but as soon as I make this higher payment next month, they will stop all interest on the account. The only reason I defaulted on this account in the first place is that I had gotten pregnant and had a placental abruption at 10 weeks into the pregnancy and wasn't able to work so I couldn't afford my payments and late fees, and then over the limit fees sent this card through the ceiling until it was finally charged off in 1/00. The sent me numerous letters but I ignored them all the time. The called nonstop, I stopped answering the phones. Till one day, I chose to talk to this ART guy from Capital One and he said the reason that he hadn't filed a judgement or sent this charge off to another collection agency is that he had viewed my report several times and thought that something was wrong and that is why I hadn't been paying. He said it looks like I had always tried to pay my bills in the past with the exception of a few things but I had paid high credit limits down to zero several other times so I guess he was just giving me a final chance to rehab with the card or settle the debt. I chose to rehab it. Okay sorry it is so long winded but that is my Capital One story.

9. Melissa

oh I forgot to mention my

judgement is a joint account with my dh who filed bankruptcy. I had thought he was paying this bill and last march when the last payment was due, he had told me it was paid in full till of course the policeman was knocking at our door. Needless to say, I am still upset with him about this.
    Oh by the way, not a single bill, checking account or creditor is in his name now, even though he is the only one who makes the money, I control it all because he is completely financial ignorant. He can't even balance his checkbook and so another reason he no longer has one. Oh and before you think he is a total loser, he is actually brilliant with 2 BS degrees in Physics and Math but he just has no concept of credit, its importance or how banks work.