I know some of you are gonna h

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Nov 16, 2000.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

and some of you are gonna love this. But I just converted my silver AA Aadvantage card to a Platinum select. No balance transfer offer. That is only for new cards and new applications. The new card will be in the mail with the same account #. I lose the $50 annual fee and the miles I have accumulated stays but I dont get anymore for purchases. Who cares? I get a 17.4 apr now. It dropped just a tad. What do you guys think. I am siked. Does this really mean I have finally gotten a platinum card. Mom, how did I go from my first prime to a platinum card in 60 days. If I sound excited, I am. I may sound silly. But I dont care. Yeepee.....

roni.

2. anon

anon Guest

RE: I know some of you are gon

Is this the Click Citi AA card on that site?

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

comeon anon. I gave specific instructions on which card to apply. I hope this post is not confusing you. ok, you should not see the click citi except at the very bottom. The card is the AMERICAN AIRLINES AADVANTGAGE MASTERCARD OR THE AMERICAN AIRLINES AADVANTAGE GOLD MASTERCARD.
    not the click or world. these are the cards i am recommending for you in the earlier post. On a side note, I called citi after responding to your post and got my AA mastercard upgraded to a platinum select which is not an American Airlines card at all.

roni

4. anon

anon Guest

I know that's what you said, I could only find Click Citi AA, that's why I double checked, I'll search a different way. By the way, Congrats! Thanks again!

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Ok try this. You must click the AA Advantage world mastercard first. After you click that the other AA cards popup. Let me know. By the way, I am gonna getmy pic on this one.

6. anon

anon Guest

Pretty cool!

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

On to Chase..

I tried chase for a gold upgrade and no deal. You have to have a $5K to upgrade to gold minimal. I only have $2K limit and it is just 3 months old. After 6 months he told me to ask for a line increase and see what happens.

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Found it:)

Congrats Roni, what made you try this?? Just curious. I have had my platinum select for almost a year, but it is only 1K. Did they up your limit or is it still 9K which by the way is great anyway? Way to go girl, I believe we are both heading in the up direction:0)

Mom

9. anon

anon Guest

RE: On to Chase..

I just got approved by Citibank! Thanks for the tips!

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: On to Chase..

That is awesome anon. congratulations

roni.

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Found it:)

Thanks mom. I thought about trying this when anon was asking me how to apply for the advantage card. I noticed the heading for upgrade your card. I click it and it said to upgrade to the platinum select by call the 800 # . I did it and the rep upgraded me then and said the card would come in the mail with the same acct #. I would no longer get AA miles. But I dropped the apr a little. And I got the annual fee dropped. I get the auto coverage and all that stuff. I cant believe i upgraded it . I was expected to have to apply for a platinum card. I am having a great year with citibank.

12. Saar

Saar Banned

roni wrote:
    "I noticed the heading for upgrade your card."

Where was that heading? Did they offer the upgrade to all silver AAdvantage card holders? Thanks.

Saar

13. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Hi Saar. It is there. But you dont need to find the heading. You can call the same 888# on the back of your card. They give the upgrade to everyone I would expect. It was just too simple of a process. They did not check my report. At least I dont think they did. She did it much to quickly. I called back about a hour later, and the rep said that my new platinum card was on the way.
    Deal!

roni.

14. zip

zip Well-Known Member

roni, just a few questions before i try for the upgrade. do you keep your same limit? also i have only had this card 1 month and have yet to recieve my first bill, should i wait intil i have at least made 1 payment?thanx and congrats!!

15. BLE103

BLE103 Guest

Give it time.You will get a balance transfer offer in the future from citibank.Your bad credit has to heal-up.When that happens you will get much lower interest rates if you are carrying a balance of some kind.Guard your credit as if it is valueble because it is.

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Nope. I got the card around oct 1st. I have paid one bill so far. But I made a $900 payment for some big purchases I made in October. But she didnot seem to review my account for an upgrade. Everything about the account stayed the same like credit and account #. But you have to have the minimal credit limit for platinum already. I dont know what that limit is. I mean if you only have a $1K credit limit, you might not qualify for the upgrade, just call them. BTW: I could have gotton any platinum card. I found the Dividend Plat which pays cash back up to $300 annual. I might switch to that one also, for my gold. I might not really need miles cards at all. JUst call, as always the reps are very nice.

roni.

17. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I am not sure what your comments are based on but I appreciate your response. Like I said I am very happy with the upgrade and I dont have balances to transfer. Thankx

roni.

18. LadyC

LadyC Well-Known Member

RE: All Smiles

Girlfriend, I just love it. You are one bold sister. I would have been scared to try that one because I would have thought they would decline instantly, and then wanna take back the Gold card. But anyway, you know I'm gonna try it in a few months, when I try for my own card, not on my hubbys card.
    Congrats....

19. Saar

Saar Banned

roni,

The reason I asked is because someone reported being approved for a silver Aadvantage but a couple of months later was declined for a Platinum Select.

This doesn't make sense. Why would they deny him if the AAdvantage and Plat Select have the same score requirements? Or, if they have different criteria, how come Citibank offers the upgrade to any existing "AA" card member?

Saar

20. Irish Diva

Irish Diva Guest

Belated Thank you, roni!

Roni - belated thanks to you for posting the information on this site. I have not had a "good" card for quite a few years and thought I'd have to wait until next summer when my few derogs would fall off. thanks to you I have one with a $2500 limit! And they have great customer service - my wallet was stolen last week with the card in it and they had a new one out to me within 5 days. Thanks again and have a great weekend!