I know some of you are gonna h

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Nov 16, 2000.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Minimum Limit For Platinum

I have the Visa Classic from Citibank as you all know and I called to see about getting upgraded to Platinum after 8 years! My credit limit is $800 and they told me that the minimum limit for Platinum is $1k so I had to apply for a line increase of $200......which I got COMPLETELY SHOT DOWN ON! :-(

They pulled my credit for the $200 increase by the way!

2. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

RE: Minimum Limit For Platinum

Wow Mp$40
    After 8 years !!! your limit stayed at 800,I thought I read something like they review your account for limit increases.!!

3. Cadillac408

I know it's bunk but oh well...

Just to let you know, during the last eight years, I did at one time have excellent credit. Even then they didn't raise my limit. I also had a FUSA Platinum card but I didn't close my Citibank card because it was my first card and oldest trade line. I just never used Citibank during that time.

What's even sadder is that I have the Providian Visa Gold card w/ an $950 credit limit.....the terms aren't better than my Citibank (17.9% apr, no annual fee, grace period) but the limit is higher! Citibank knows that I'm not going anywhere! This is the one card that I've chosen to keep FOR LIFE!

4. zip

zip Well-Known Member

RE: Found it:)

roni, i called and spoke with a pleasant rep today about upgrading. i decided on the dividend plat.17.49 apr and no annual fee.the rep said i would here from them in a few weeks, you said you called back an hour later and got your answer.im thinking now that maybe i confused him and he didnt understand that i wanted to upgrade not apply for another card ( i dont want another new card! )what do you think of this???

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Saar,
    Why ask why. I am telling you guys the truth. Why waste an inquiry when they will just ready upgrade the card. I will quietly hold my breath until the card comes, but who knows what their thinking is. You can only benefit from their business practices whatever the reason behind them.

roni.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Sorry Mp,
    That is why i posted that their were credit limit requirements for the upgrade. Most of the new cardholders got $2k limits. So that is probably why it was easier. just guessing. Mp if i were you i would have applied for another card in the beginning. The AAdvantage card. Who knows what would have happened. But you already have a good card, your boyfriend's AMEX. YOu dont need another citi plat or not. sorry about the inquiry.

roni.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Something is not right. I just called them and said I want to upgrade my card to a platinum. It was done instantly. I called back and the next rep told me the card was on it's way and I couldnot change to the dividend card until the new card comes. I would definitely call back and get it straight.

roni.

8. Cadillac408

I didn't request an upgrade re

Roni,

I think I've confused you. I didn't just call RIGHT NOW to request and upgrade and got denied. This was like 1 1/2 months ago. I called to see about a limit increase and the rep suggested that I do a product transfer to Platinum (because my internal records w/ Citibank were excellent). He said that I needed to apply for a $200 increase to make my limit $1k, thus meeting the minimum credit limit for Platinum.

I'm not applying for ANYMORE cards.....period! I'm on the wagon like you, remember? Don't need any. You're right, with the cards I have now, I think I'm set. I eventually want to dump all the b.s. cards that I have (WaMu secured, Optima secured, Providian) and have Citibank (Platinum someday w/ $5k limit!), Am/Ex Gold, Macy's, Chevron, and Bloomingdale's. That's all I need really. Having too many cards make it WAY TOO inviting to get in trouble.

9. roni.

roni. Guest

RE: I didn't request an upgrad

I applied for the gold so I could dump the shopnow.com card sooner. They told me I 'd have to reapply. They would not upgrade it until after 6 months and then a credit check also. I do not the inquiry 6 months from now, so I thought now was a better time. If I get it, I would have only gold cards or plats to use. I will drop cap1 and providan completely when the one year mark is up.

10. zip

zip Well-Known Member

roni, called customer service back tonite and got it all straightened out! i indeed applied for a new card and am trying to get it cancelled before they put another inquiry on my report. the rep bumped me up to the plat select. thanx for your help!