I know this comes up often...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tracy, Apr 2, 2001.

1. Tracy

Tracy Guest

...But I'm trying to find the best methods for removing inquiries? I've been searching the net and have come up with a few possible options that I plan to try out ASAP. However I thought I would ask here and see if anyone out here has a letter or tactic they have used successfully? Any links or info will be much appreciated! Thanks!

2. Tracy

Tracy Guest

Re: I know this comes up often

I'm in the middle of writing a letter based on info I've gathered from sites like this one.

From what I understand: 1. Contact the CRA's (Like you've done) 2. Send a copy of the CRA's response, a copy of your credit report showing the inquiry and a letter like the one I'm now writing, to the creditor and wait for a response.

The letter should mention not just how much damage inquiries will cost you but also how far you are willing to go to delete the inquiry. When I say how far, I mean contacting all associations that govern credit card companies, contacting the BBB and their local Chamber Of Commerce.

As I've read, the trick is to come off being very aggressive and concerned but not too angry and bent on revenge against the Creditor in question. In other words, make it clear that all you wish is to have this mark removed and you wonâ??t do any of the above unless they left you with no choice.

One board I visited had someone claiming that these tactics are all he needed to remove 12 inquiries. I hope this will work...