I love AMEX!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ero2, Aug 4, 2003.

1. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

when I got approved for the gold card I called and had them convert my starwood platinum into an optima platinum(to carry balances on), and in doing so I was going to call and fight for the apr down to prime +4.00 and when I got the letter saying we are happy to transfer your product to the optima platinum they already gave me prime +4.00, I didn't even have to call!

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

UYGF

4 YEARS (10/2003) NO LIMIT INCREASE

3. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

sorry george:-(

one thing you don't tell people about the UYGF is that you already have higher limits than almost anyone on this board:)

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SO WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT AMEX THAT THEY WON'T GIVE ME ANY "AUTOMATIC" CREDIT LIMIT INCREASES FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS???

I still have a 25+ year "PERFECT" track record...

AMEX is too high to carry a balance anyway...AND it is ILLOGICAL to get mileage/points and pay interest (DELTA/BLUE)

5. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: I love AMEX!!!!!!!

my optima plat is only 8.25% and it is my lowest by 4.75%. All my other cards are 12.99 and up, so...

6. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

oops, I didn't do that quote right, I agree george you should get CL increases for all of the things you mentioned especially the 4 years without 1 automatic increase!

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I would do a PFB...but when I did the "SPIN-OFF" (TO GET DELTA) with NEW ACCOUNTS...they did 4 or 5 "HARD" INQUIRES...it was supposed to be NO INQUIRY NEEDED!!!

I'm not sure I can trust them...

THEY THREATENED ME WITH ACCOUNT CLOSURE WHEN I OVER-PAID BLUE!!!
    YES, THEY OWED ME MONEY!!! BUT THEY SAID THE T.O.S. PERMITS THEM TO CLOSE THE ACCOUNT FOR THE VIOLATION OF THE T.O.S.

HUMMM...I owe AMEX $500.12 this month...so since I plan on spending a bunch of money on AMEX...why not just pay $1,000 so I won't have a bill to pay next month...

VIOLATION!?!?!?!?!?!

I just OVER-PAID wife's US BANK VISA...did they say VIOLATION??? NO!!!!!!!!

8. CardKid

CardKid Well-Known Member

Could it be that Amex has a credit limit cap on some of its card products?

CardKid

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: I love AMEX!!!!!!!

BLUE $100,000
    DELTA $100,000

...not a "CAP" on TOTAL CREDIT LIMITS THE CUSTOMER HAS ON ALL THEIR OTHER CREDIT CARDS ADDED TO THE DELTA AND BLUE...I already had MORE than $100,000 with-out BLUE and DELTA...

It is NOT income either...NO minimum income required for 2nd...3rd....4th cards...

I JUST WANT THEM TO BE A WANTED CARD...NO LIMIT INCREASE IN ALMOST 4 YEARS...WOULD YOU LIKE THEM FOR THAT???

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

The minimum income required to qualify for the â??Cardâ? is $20,000. If you are an existing American Express Cardmember there is no minimum income requirement to qualify for the â??Cardâ?.

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

A LIMIT INCREASE should be the same as an APPLICATION...SHOULDN'T IT???

12. CardKid

CardKid Well-Known Member

George,

This may have been answered already, but what are your credit lines with Amex?

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: I love AMEX!!!!!!!

BLUE now $1,000
    DELTA GOLD now $14,500

I did have BLUE at $15,500 for 3+ years before I did the "SPIN-OFF" to get DELTA GOLD...

MAYBE THEY ARE STILL HOLDING A GRUDGE BECAUSE I VIOLATED THE T.O.S. BY OVER-PAYING BLUE???

14. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: I love AMEX!!!!!!!

I never heard of anything so stupid!! Suppose you bought some stuff, paid the bill, then had to return something. You have a credit balance. So, do you get canceled??

Another reason I won't go back with AMEX.

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I love AMEX!!!!!!!

I ASKED FOR PROOF (T.O.S. HIGHLIGHTED TO SHOW IT IS A VIOLATION OF T.O.S. TO OVER-PAY)...I NEVER GOT ANY PROOF!!!

I bet it was a SCAM!!!

It really is NOT a VIOLATION!!!

16. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I love AMEX!!!!!!!

I hope it's not true. But, I don't put anything past them!

17. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

When I called last time for an increase on my Blue I asked CS rep not to pull credit report. He put me on hold while contacted Amex Centurion Bank and came back with an increase. He also told me that he was able to transfer my credit limit from a closed account that I closed 1 year ago into my new Blue. So I went up from $10.000 to $26.000 CL without hard inq. He also added that I may call again after 6 months for another CLI.

18. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Platinum, you've got some great rates!

19. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

Hey Marci...glad to see you...

Yes I've got nice rates on my cards, but I am using Amex Blue for everything and I pay it off in full every month. Why Blue ??? Because it has free rewards, prime benefits and looks cool. I use Citi only when Amex is not accepted. All other cards are used very rarely. You remember, I cancelled my MBNA Quantum 2 months ago. Well, I reopened it but ONLY because of their Concierge service. It's great benefit to have. I put my water/garbage bill on my Quantum, so that way I keep it active. Chase and BofA are at $0 balance most the time. So I put all my ducks in the row. I do not plan to apply for anything else.

20. marci

marci Well-Known Member

You may not believe this, but I behave the exact same way for the exact same reasons!

Everything consumable goes on Blue and paid off in the same month. My car gas goes on AmEx Hilton (I like to keep that charge separate to monitor driving habits) and paid in advance before the month of use. All utilities get rotated to my other cards, so that those cards get activity once every four - six months and paid off within the cycle.

I can't believe you reopened MBNA. They deserved to get drop kicked after how they treated you.

Since I know they love to bill for under a dollar, I'd charge a $.50 candy bar and let it cycle so that they'd be forced to spend the money to send a statement!