I love AMEX!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ero2, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: I love AMEX!!!!!!!

Even though my water/garbage bill is aprox. $50 monthly they don't deserve it. I could find something that I charge only few bucks montly but don't you see it's SYMBOLIC- I PAY FOR MY GARBAGE WITH MBNA QUANTUM.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I love AMEX!!!!!!!

I WISH I COULD PAY MY WATER AND GARBAGE WITH ANY CREDIT CARD!!!

I also CAN'T pay SEWER, MORTGAGE and GAS either...so I have to write about 5 checks per month...

3. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I love AMEX!!!!!!!

That is something new in my city, George. We can use city's web site to pay for parking tickets, property taxes and water/garbage by credit card. There is no fee for it.

I can't pay mortgage by credit card either. I wish I can earn some big reward points on it.

4. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I love AMEX!!!!!!!

LOL! I gotcha....

I can pay for garbage via CC only b/c my garbage is handled by a private company (I am unincorporated). No other "city services" are by CC.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I love AMEX!!!!!!!

I HAVE A "PRIVATE" COMPANY TOO...

6. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I love AMEX!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, mine is rumored to be owned by the mafia. I may discontinue the service. It is getting too expensive for what they offer.

$200 a year - no trees/shrubs included!

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

While I love AMEX too....where do I look for pre-approvals on the current website? Long time ago, they showed up all the time -- until the web site was updated and changed! Anyone can help direct me and all of us AMEX customers where to keep our eyes peeled?

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I love AMEX!!!!!!!

Does that mean you pay EXTRA???

Or do they just not take them???

If they don't take them...or even if they do...you could buy a shredder...

9. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I love AMEX!!!!!!!

It's $380 for trees and shrubs.

I live 5 feet away from the city. So when I need to prune, I take the shrubs to the edge of my backyard (city jursidiction) and they come pick it up.

My entire neighborhood is the city except for 10 homes on my cul-de-sac. And no one will annex us in!

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I love AMEX!!!!!!!

"IF" I was in the CITY I would have a SUBSTANTIAL increase in my taxes!!!

3.00% CITY TAX on all utilities I don't pay...and if I have something delivered to my house...I would have to pay 3.00% more than I do now...