I may have gotten lucky...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by gooddayz, Aug 19, 2003.

1. gooddayz

gooddayz Member

I have been living with bad credit for a while. Right now I have TU and Equifax of both 620. There are 3 paid colls totaling about 200.00, all 3 paid, an IRS lien for 12k paid,(never really owed, when I filed back taxes i got money back, and lien released). And a Fl tax lien for 3K which is not paid, but it's from 1993. About 12 cards with 15-20% interest rate, at about 90%, or about 8K (me and wifes asst of crap 1's and hhb). The oldest card is 3.5 years, but EVERY one has a perfect payment history. I finally got the guts to go to my local Credit Union, where I found a reasonable, compassionate loan officer. I explained my situation to her, they have just made me loan at 8.5% IF I would let them pay all my cc's off, and then close high interest accounts. She then said that if I pay on time with them for 6 mos, they will issue me a Visa from them for at least 1 mos salary (4k). I know my score will get even worse once I pay them off, but screw it. If anyone should find themselves in similar situation I urge you to contact a local Cr Union, and let them see if they can help.

2. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Good Job.

Keep up the good work.

That's a pretty good deal.

:)