I need help. Don't know where start

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Thee One, Aug 10, 2003.

1. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: I need help. Don't know where start

So I go to the court and ask what exactly?
    Thee One
    =================
    Walk into the court and say do you have any judgments or suits on john doe and give address.

You don't have to tell them you are john doe or who you are since these are public records available for anyone's viewing.
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

2. FedUp2003

FedUp2003 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: I need help. Don't know where start

And this is what I was talking about. You may have every legal right to dispute, or sue a CA because it's gone past the SOL, etc ...

All I'm saying, is since these debts/accounts are SO close to falling off, why not just leave it. Sure, you can dispute with the CRA's, but personally I wouldn't take it any further than that.

If you start sending Validation letters or ITS, etc ... you may well disturb a hornet's nest. Sure, because of the SOL's and FDCPA and FRCA protection you can fight this and win, but why put yourself through that?

FedUp2003

3. Thee One

Thee One Well-Known Member

Well the reasons I'm looking to clean up my credit are:

1)I want to buy or lease a new car soon. I'd like to get as low an interest rate as possible.

2)Property values in my neighborhood are skyrocketing and will continue to rise over the next 10 years. There's money to be made, and I figure I should be in on it.

3)I'm tired of having bad credit. I messed it up, I accept that, but since I may be able to fix it, I feel I should try. Especially if the risk is acceptable. Which it seems to be.

I'm glad I found this site, before I thought there were no alternatives, now I have hope. And that's a start.

4. Thee One

OK so I've begun the process. I've disputed 4 TL's on my TU report. Question: Should I only work 1 report at a time, or is it ok to dispute across all three at the same times?

5. lbrown59

is it ok to dispute across all three at the same times?
    Thee One
    ==============
    YES

6. Thee One

Thanks! The voyage continues...

7. lbrown59

Re: Re: Re: Re: I need help. Don't know where start

8. Thee One

Re: Re: Re: Re: I need help. Don't know where start

Doing my best...the first step is knowing I can be shipwrecked, so I'm proceeding carefully... Having you guys here for advice doesn't hurt either...

Quick Update: I've started OL disputes with all 3 CRA's now. Waiting to see what happens.