I need help writing a letter-h

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Feb 19, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I need help writing a letter to a company called Unipac Services. They once help my student loan. They always verify the entry on my reports no matter what bureau it is. I wrote to them and reqeusted verfication of my debt (i.e. dates, signature etc.). They wrote back and said (basically) when your loan defaulted it was sold to CSAC. We can't help you, contact them.

This is what I have so far. Please feel free to offer suggestions. This is really important to me because this company's three entries make up half of my remainig neg. items. I am taking this route because I want it removed from equifax and this is the only way. Thank you guys so much.

DEAR SIR OR MADAM:

PER YOUR CORRESPONDENCE DATED FEBRUARY 7, 2001 YOU ARE UNABLE TO VERIFY ANY INFORMATION REGARDING MY LOAN except that is was sold to CSAC. THEREFORE, LEGALLY YOU MUST REMOVE ALL ENTRIES YOU ARE CURRENT REPORTING TO ALL THREE CREDIT BUREAUS (EXPERIAN, EQUIFAX, AND TRANS UNION).

ACCORDING TO MY RIGHTS UNDER THE FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT, UNVERIFIABLE INFORMATION MUST BE REMOVED BY THE CREDITOR WITHIN THIRTY DAYS OF NOTICE.

I WOULD LIKE UNIPAC SERVICES TO IMMEDIATELY REMOVE ALL INFORMATION INDEFINATELY. IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE LAW AND MY RIGHTS UNDER FCRA I WILL FORCED TO TAKE STRONGER ACTION.

SINCERELY,

2. 1234

1234 Guest

RE: I need help writing a lett

"YOU ARE UNABLE TO VERIFY ANY INFORMATION REGARDING MY LOAN except that is was sold to CSAC" ---You should change it to read "regarding THIS loan" so that you are not admitting and verifying the loan as yours.

3. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Good point. I will change that. Thanks

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

1234 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    "YOU ARE UNABLE TO VERIFY ANY INFORMATION REGARDING MY LOAN except that is was sold to CSAC" ---You should change it to read "regarding THIS loan" so that you are not admitting and verifying the loan as yours.-------------------------------------

you are right why claim it if it;'s not yours!!

5. Jay

Jay Guest

No EMail me I'll help ya

6. nimbus

nimbus Active Member

Hmm so it sounds like Unipac is tough to deal with. They still have paid collections on my reports for student loans I rehabilitated. Is this the same situation as you?

7. Why Chat

Why Chat Well-Known Member

Collections and reporting on Federally guaranteed student loans are exempt from the FDCPA and the FCRA they can keep you on the reports forever,are not required to verify and are,in addition, in most States exempt from the SOL on filing for a judgement.

8. sam1014

sam1014 Well-Known Member

Are they showing a zero balance on your report? They can report and show zero balance. I have a couple that are that way and were sent to CA. Now both report.