I need some help!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CASPER72, Sep 5, 2001.

1. CASPER72

CASPER72 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if there was any cards that I could get with a 520 equifax score? I dont know what my experian score is but I do have 8 items in dispute with them at the present time. I have checked the list but most pull experian or another one and knowing my luck they would pull the other one.

Any info would help!

Thank you

Casper72

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

maybe a secured card.

You need to be around 590-610 to start getting things like target cards and other low limit unsecured.

3. AJiLE

AJiLE Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree with Sam on that one (secured). I have a 625 on my EQ, and with that was able to get minimum cl Kmart MC and Target ($200 each). With my TU (542) I can't finance a stick of gum. Try the secured route, wait 6-12 months, pay regularly on it, and it should help build that score for you.

A. J.

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

I think there are a couple of issues here. One is the score, and the other is a lack of positive credit history, since you don't mention any current acccounts.

The secured card would be a good way to develop the credit history. One account makes a huge difference, especially if it's a few years old.

A good sign that you can get approved for simple gas cards like Texaco or Shell, or retail cards like Target, Macy's, Radio Shack, etc., would be any preapproved offers you get for subprime cards.

If you don't get anything in the mail now, then you definitely need to get a secured card ASAP. In a year, even with a low score, you could get SOME of the easier gas and retail cards. Exactly which ones you'll get will depend partly on luck, so you'll need to apply and see what happens.

If you don't want to wait, and want to apply now, I recommend applying online for Aspire Visa, Texaco and Shell. One application per month would be about right. If that doesn't work, then enjoy the free credit reports, get a secured card like FCNB, and wait a year.

See the current thread about the Shell card for a few ideas.