I Need to Know???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by muf_fin@3, Nov 16, 2001.

1. muf_fin@3

muf_fin@3 Well-Known Member

Is Worthknowing online credit report the same as the Trans Union credit report????

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

NO. Worthknowing is pulled from Trans Union, but it is not as accurate or timely. Go with the original now that it is online.

3. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Yes, it's your Trans Union file. One difference: the WorthKnowing report actually lists the DATES you were late whereas the file sent to consumers direct from Trans Union does not. What's interesting is that Trans Union claims not to report those exact late dates to anyone, LOL. Yeah, right.

WorthKnowing.com isn't very popular among some Creditnet members because of the peculiar (and some say, worthless) score that accompanies each report. They base their score on a 1-100 point scale. The "Trans Risk Score" provided with Trans Union credit reports is based on a 300-950 scale. What WorthKnowing does is plot those Trans Risk scores on a statistical bell curve with 50 being average. In other words, a 50 WorthKnowing score is equivalent to a Trans Risk 800. A 25 on the WorthKnowing scale is equivalent to a 725. (My personal Trans Risk score of 730 shows as a WorthKnowing 26.) A 75 WorthKnowing equals a Trans Risk 875. Anything less than a Trans Risk 675 will show up as a WorthKnowing 5. You'll often see people here on CreditNet discussing their WorthKnowing scores of "5" LOL... I've been there. For that reason, the score really is of limited value at the low end -- hence its derogatory nickname "WorthNothing."

Because the WorthKnowing reports show delinquency dates, though, I find it to be more useful than the actual reports sent direct by Trans Union. I have also found it to be updated instantly with respect to inquiries (same day) or substantive tradeline additions or changes (same day).

Doc

4. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Kev, we composed our answers at the same time, LOL.

Well, clearly there is some difference of opinion about WorthKnowing. I would encourage you to check it out for yourself -- it's free.

Doc

5. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Can you see your report online like Experian without paying?

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Without paying? Yes. But you see a report, not open access to your file. It's a snapshot of when you pull the report like Equifax, not live/updated information like Experian.