I received some cc offers

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Apr 10, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I recived a couple of credit card offers...pre-approved in the mail yesterday. A Gold card from First ??? of Marin, A Visa card from First National Credit Card (never heard of them before) with a $3.25 check, and Advanta (they must think I own a home).

I threw them ALL away. The Gold card offer made me think a little but when I realized all the charges that accompanied the card I said "no way"!

I'm wondering now if my credit is looking better since I'm now being flooded with offers. I can't wait for the day I receive a Pre-Approved AMEX card! Then I'll probably share the same feelings Lizardking did. ;o)

Lizardking, are you still in shock??

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Lizard I'm sure you already know this but I have seen a direct correlation between cards that I use vs. upgrades I am offered. You seem like you have it together enough to be diciplined enough to use your card in a manner which will benefit you. I'd think about using it as much as you can, paying it off most months and carrying a balance three or four months a year.

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good plan.

4. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

This is so funny. Lizardking posts so much here and he is so helpful!
    Everytime I read his messages it is like I hear his voice! Funny thing!!!

5. mother2

I want the power you have....How does Lizardqueen sound? ;o)
    One day....one day.

6. mother2

Don't leave now....

Well good luck, Lizardking and please keep in touch. Maybe post at night. I know I will have some questions for you. Thanks for all your help and advice.

7. Tana

Tana Guest

Re: Don't leave now....

DaveLV,
    Why do you recommend carrying a balance? I just did that in Jan/Feb for the first time in a year (Christmas! whew) and it cost me 60 bucks in fees for 3 cards AAARRRRgggg!! This is something I want to AVIOD!!
    Thanks,
    Tana

8. MistyEyed

MistyEyed Well-Known Member

hehe Liardking in the same boat as you, two more weeks left on my contract then its some paid bench time! yahoo! Nice little break, then back to the grind stone.

Misty

9. 777

777 Guest

The highest credit lines with each chase cards are 25K=classic,50K=gold,and 100K=platinum.I upgraded from a 14K classic to their platinum,because i need very high credit limits to reach my goals with chase.Chase is a very good bank to deal with.You just got to have good credit to get great B.T. deals if you are carrying any balances.

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

That will be around $4500 to exercise that limit.

-----------------------------------------------

NO 6 MONTHS/1 YEAR SAME AS CASH W/ PAYMENTS???
    JUST AN OPTION...