I think i,m getting the shaft

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tomd2, Aug 7, 2000.

1. tomd2

tomd2 Guest

hi

I got a Visa card from cross country bank with a 350 line of credit....i spent 197dollers so i called them when i got messege a purchase was refused....they told me there was a finance charge of 105dollers and fifty annual fee. they then said my first payment would be 35$....I got the bill today and they want 68 bucks. Am I getting screwed or what.s the deal here.

tom

2. bg

bg Guest

RE: CCB strikes again

Typical CCB bullshit, everybody gets screwed by CCB, They want $35+bogus fees. The best thing to do before you get anymore into these crooks is pay the card off and cancel it. If you don't do it now it will cost you a fortune later on. This bunch of crooks
    have just had a major Class Action Suit filed against them in Florida. So they will be out to screw everybody they can to pay for this suit. Everybody that can needs to get rid of their CCB cards. These crooks are going down big time. The suit filed is on the RICO Act which is Racketeering and it is
    a federal suit.

3. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

DITTO!!!

Tom:
    Take BGâ??s suggestion, get out while the gettin's good. Although you need not pay-off any balance in order to cancel the card, document your cancellation in writing (preferably by Certified Mail â?? return receipt). And retain copies because you may need them later.

Keep The Faith,

Anthony Villasenor

4. Don't List

Don't List Guest

RE: I think i,m getting the sh

Pay your bill on time and don't try to weasle out of your responsibilities because you didn't read Cross Country's terms!!
    If you listen to the deadbeat losers cry about Cross Country you'll end up getting in deep trouble. You owe the debt so pay it! Cross Country will help you rebuild the credit history you ruined, but it's not a charity.
    R E S P O N S I B I L I T Y
    Learn the concept!

5. bg

bg Guest

TOMD2, This jerk is a CCB employee who posts on other boards as MORE FACTS. If you follow his advice you will suffer as thousands have
    at the hands of CROOKS COUNTRY BANKS UNETHICAL, IMMORAL way of doing business.
    There is a huge CLASS ACTION SUIT just
    filed in FLORIDA against this bunch of crooks
    and it a RACETEERING CHARGE which will shut them down. Yes you'll have to pay the balance
    off since you used it. But pay it off and cut the card up and send it back and say you preferr to do business with a Bank that cares
    about it's customers. Or you can believe this idiot (Don't Listen to Disgruntled)
    and suffer even worse credit when their through with you. GOOD LUCK, BUT GET RID OF THE ccb CARD ASAP! Nice try MO FACTS but you
    and CCB lose again.

6. bg

bg Guest

RE: MORE FACTS WHAT AN IDIOT

Hey BUTT BREATH MORE FACTS, everyone knows it's you, so don't try to fool people with your trash about how CCB will help rebuild your credit. Everyone who has dealt with CCB
    knows that you will only suffer worse credit
    after doing business with CCB. It will be funny to see your post's after the courts
    shut CCB down for good and it's employees
    on the street looking for job's or in Jail for breaking the law. (Felony Charges of course)

7. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Ordinarily, I do take most disruntled gripes with a grain of salt, but this is Cross Country Bank we're talking about. It's a sleazeball operation whose days are hopefully numbered.

You, on the other hand might find it much easier to smell the roses if you took your head out of your rectum. Because you know so damned much, I encourage you to apply for a credit card from Cross Country. I'd love to know what wonderful experiences you'd encounter.

8. Stormie

Stormie Guest

This bank has a very bad reputation everywhere, so if i were you i'd pay it off, and cut it up, and close the account. But ultimately it's up to you. Good luck with whatever you decide to do, but before you make a final descion go back and read all the prior postings, by hitting search and then putting in cross country bank , it will bring up ton's of posts.

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member

RE: DITTO!!!

One correction...it is in CCB's terms and conditions that if you have a balance on the card when you "cancel" your account, it is not considered "cancelled:..you need to pay it all off...take your balance to a credit balance that will more than cover a month's interest, and THEN cancel..

Oh yea...and then e-mail Larry at lsebas@aol.com and let him know you'll be joining he class action...

10. hooked on

hooked on Guest

jobs, not job's

11. Beef

Beef Guest

They will screw you anyway they can. They say they want ot help but they the change their minds. Yes I know I owe but when they make the mistake they don't care. So if you have their studid cards get rid of them. I'm going thru a credit management and they still are hounding me.

12. bg

bg Guest

whaaa!!! is that all you had to say, if so
    go to OUTHOUSE.com!

13. jackthekni

jackthekni Guest

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. jackthekni

jackthekni Guest

you got screwed the day you activated this card and used it. sorry you didnt know about ccb before. pay what you owe asap and close the acct.

15. Sensitive

Sensitive Guest

You can be very harsh at times, Doris.

16. sha

sha Guest

I agree with everyones comments about crook bank,, I made the mistake of accepting their card. and the same limit applied which half was taken in fees ! on top of that they just hit me with an over the limit fee for holding my payment ! and which other bank do u know of that dosn't have a 1800 number for free !