I think I really messed up!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by snakeman, Sep 11, 2003.

1. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

Sept. 8th, had old addresses deleted from all 3 CRA's/

Sept. 9th, Validate letters sent out CMRRR. Only thing is ..........12 different CA's!

Sept. 11th, 3 green cards received back so far.

Today, I sent a total of 9 CMRRR letters....3 for each bureau....each containing 1 to 4 charged off accounts.

I think I went and did it this time. I'm not worried about the 100 bucks I spent in mail.....I'm worried that I spent it in vain!

So what do you think??? Any chance that I might get something accomplished this way?

(2 day turn-around for the green cards was because those were the local agencies)

Any input would be great mmmmkay?

SnakeMan

2. BrettS

BrettS Well-Known Member

I don't think you did anything too terrible. You might have sent off the disputes to the CRA's a little too quickly, though... the standard advice here is to wait until you get the green card back before you dispute the account with the CRA. It sounds like you got two green cards back, so you could have disputed those two accounts, but personally I would have held off on disputing the others until you got the rest of the green cards back.

That said, the point of waiting until you get the green cards back is to try to catch the CA's violating the law by not marking the account in dispute. By disputing with the CRA before you got the green cards back you may not have this advantage. It shouldn't affect the results of your disputes, but obviously you will lose a little leverage if it comes down to sueing the CA's.

Also, I'm not sure I understand the logic of sending three letters to each CRA. Again, the standard advice here is to only dispute a few items at a time, but what they mean is to dispute 1 to 4 items, wait for the results (or at least wait a couple weeks) then dispute another 1 to 4 items... not just to break up your disputes into multiple letters mailed at once.

Again, however, I don't think you did anything too terrible here (well... execpt maybe for paying for 6 CRRR letters that you didn't need to) because the worst that will happen is one or more of the CRA's will decide your disputes are frivelous or that you're working with a credit repair company. If that happens there are sample letters here to deal with it. It's also quite possible that it won't happen at all and they will just investigate your disputes as you requested.

Good luck,
    Brett

3. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input Brett,

Though you might have misunderstood one thing though. Of the 12 CA Validate letters I sent out, I received 3 back today. I went ahead and immediatly sent out disputes to all three CRA's for the 3 green cards I got.

That was what I was saying, just wondered if that was going "overboard".

Thanks again

SnakeMan

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

This is ok.