I want a Platinum Card, but ma

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Susan D, May 15, 2000.

1. Susan D

Susan D Guest

Is it true that you must make more thann $40,000 a year to even qualify for a Platinum Card? According to Capital One's website, you are only eligible for a Platinum if you make at least $40k a year. Otherwise, you can only get their Visa classic. I make under 40k a year and would like to have a Platinum Card. I have an excellent two year credit history with all negative information deleted. Besides waiting a few years for my income to surpass 40k, do I have any hope of getting a Platinum card from any bank?

2. Karen

Karen Well-Known Member

RE: I want a Platinum Card, bu

I have a Visa Platinum from First USA and I am a school teacher so we all know I do not make 40K a year.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I have an Aria platinum visa from Providian. At the time of my application I didn't make 40K. HTH

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

I have one from Citibank, and I don't make 40K.

5. Yigal

Yigal Guest

I have a Visa Platinum from First USA and I am a school teacher so we all know I do not make 40K a year. >>

You SHOULD though! Its obscene to pay sports jock 6 million and teachers get shafted......hell you should be alot more than 40k

6. David

David Well-Known Member

I wonder if one can start with a rebuilder Visa Classic can get an Aria Platinum with a BK still on the credit report?

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: I want a Platinum Card, R

If you REALLY think they check your salary when you apply online, then your crazy. lie lie lie. If you make 30k say you make $50k. As long as your credit score backs up your income level (ie flawless and good history) you'll get one. I lied for a friend of mine when i put her app in, and she made 20000 a year and got a nextcard with 6200 limit cause i said she made 52000 :)

lie
    lie
    lie

8. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

RE: I want a Platinum Card, R

lie
    lie
    lie

You got that right :)

And the truly easiest Platinum cards to get are travel or more commonly referred to as frequent flyer cards. With the best method being to call the 800 # of the particular bank you have in mind like Chase and basically have the CSR try to defend why her banks' Flight Reward Program is better than First Union's or Citibanks and you'll really get them jumping if you bring up Diner's or Amex.

Suffice to say the rep won't be questioning your financial creditials, hell everybody 'knows' the only people who want frequent flyer cards are 'loaded', he/she will be far too busy thinking of ways to spend the commission money they'll make for granting this 'prized', 'affluent' customer a typically high annual fee, high interest (prime wise that is) card and won't be able to shove it at you fast enough.

"Please take our Platinum card Puhlllleeeaze" ehehehehehehhe

9. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

?

test
    <a href="http://creditnet.com">test</a>