I Want Providian Classic not

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by James, Jul 26, 2000.

1. James

James Guest

How do I apply for a Providian Visa Classic? Unless I am mistaken, their web set only allows applications for Aria. From the posts I've read, Classic allows great limit increases while Aria stinks! I am correct aren't I? Anyone got a toll free number?

2. A.C. Brown

A.C. Brown Guest

RE: I Want Providian Classic

Look at the Preview Channel of your cable station they advertise all the time on the number to call to apply for the Visa Classic card.

3. James

James Guest

Thx....but I don't have cable!

4. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

Call 1-800-6478641
    It's on their web site, you just have to do a
    little digging. From the main page go to
    "contact us" and then select "Providian Cards", not "Aria Cards"...

5. khryc

khryc Guest

I just saw an ad on tv for you to apply by phone for instant approval and more information on Providian Classic, Gold and Platinum. The number was 1-800-336-0685.

6. James

James Guest

Thanks Everyone!

7. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

You can try this #, It's the CS # off my card. (1-800-356-0011) You're right their increases and special offers are pretty good.
    Good Luck

8. James

James Guest

OK everyone this is how it turned out.

I called Providian and applied over the phone. I don't have excellent credit but it usually meets sub-prime standards without a deposit. My credit also recently met sub-prime standard for a car loan. However, I think too many inquiries has got my score on the low end. Providian approved me for a secured gold visa (whatever that means). Will I get the credit limit increase offers like the unsecured Providian card holders. Does anyone have the same card I was approved for?

9. shania

shania Guest

I filed bankruptcy 3 months ago and just got an unsecured providian gold with a 1,000 dollar limit.
    I had a $29 processing fee, and a $59 annual fee. I sent the $29 in on the application, and when the card arrived the annual fee had already been charged.
    I was shocked to get this card so soon out of a chapter 7, but the interest rate is 23%, with NO grace period.

10. Stormie

Stormie Guest

wow the interest rate is still high on their Gold card. I would think it would drop considerably, but perhaps that depends on the credit file of the applicant ? These banks are confusing with there card labels, Gold used to be 5,000 dollars limitis and above I see in recent postings this has changed. I'm curious to know if they have any special features with the card . It great you were able to get an approval right out of bankruptcy , I agree. Enjoy your new credit card, and congradulations to ya :)

11. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Have you seen the mockery Capital One has made of the gold card? Theirs begin with a $200 limit, and from what I've read, that $200 limit stays there for eons.

12. debbie

debbie Guest

I agree with Doris, I had a Capitol One with a $200 limit for over a year, when I called in to request a higher credit limit, they took it to $300. On the other hand I've been with Providian for the same time, over a year, and in 6 months I got a $400 dollar increase, on my one year anniversary I was up to $2,000 and I called in saying I had been offered a better interest rate, and they brought it down to 16.9%. Providian has been a great experience!

13. bbarlow

bbarlow Guest

Thanks for the info, I called tonight and they lowered my apr to 16.9 waived the annual fee, retroactively, I actually paid it on my last statement(he said a credit would appear next month). I also ask when I would be upgraded to gold (why not i was living large at the moment) and he told me I alrady had gold benifits and should get Platnum in 4 months. I take this with a grain of salt, after all I was threatening to cancell the card!

14. Stormie

Stormie Guest

It seems they really like to give you a line. I am amazed the lowered your APR. How did you get them to do that ? I pressume they'll be sending you a new card then ,right. It's great you got them to waive the annual fee, from what I've read here on the board that almost never happens.