I want to hear from persons wh

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mba, Mar 30, 2000.

1. mba

mba Well-Known Member

I have heard from several people that NCO had appeared on their credit report and that they determined that these were duplicate postings of other accounts that they had with MBNA America Bank or Discover Card, or others.

I am preparing for a hearing in Court next Wednesday on a case I (thru my lawyers) filed against NCO for reporting to Trans Union three old MBNA American Bank accounts that were written off in 1991 and which had been on my credit report for 7 years but then came off. NCO started the 7 year process all over again by reporting these 3 accounts in its own name. NCO did not write to me to tell me about this. I only learned of their three entries when I obtained a copy of my credit report from Trans Union in December. The NCO entries stated that these accounts were currently in collection as of June 1999. I would love to hear from you about what appeared on your credit report. I am seeking punitive damages from NCO and my lawyer will hopefully use any information I learn about others to show that this is a widespread practice of NCO and did not just inadvertantly happen to me.

I have established 800 service, so please call me at my expense about this at
    888-243-2224. I look forward to hearing from you.

Mark Aronson
    Pittsburgh, PA
    mba9999@aol.com
    March 30, 2000

2. Mo

Mo Guest

RE: I want to hear from person

Get 'em, MBA !!!!!

This hasn't happened to me, but I'd love to hear how this shakes out. MAybe you could give periodic updates as you slog through this?

3. mba

mba Well-Known Member

Mo, I will keep you posted.

4. Terri W.

Terri W. Guest

Just to let you know, I too am having the same problem and by accident ran into your posting. I am in the process of mortgaging a house and this has come up on my credit report. NCO has supposedly opened a new account as of June 1999 as well, however, I have never received any communication what-so-ever from them regarding this account. As a matter of fact, I contacted them to find out what creditor this was from. Apparently this had been from Discover back in 1990-1991. I will be sure to contact them again and demand for them to take care of the problem being that I am employed as a paralegal at a big law firm in which I have over thirty attorneys at my disposal. I do believe that this is against the Fair Credit Reporting Act in which a law was recently ameneded in saying that after 7 years, counting from the date of the first delinquency that this must come off your credit report. Discover has been long gone off my credit report and now NCO has started collection action. Please email me and let me know if you need any further information on this and let me know how your case comes out.