I Wish for MBNA or Bof A

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Apr 4, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I know I dont need 'em. But for some reason, I want them. I will just have to get over it. I wish they would start pulling equifax or Experian in the future.

roni

2. curious

curious Well-Known Member

MBNA pulls equifax and experian.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

they didnot for me....hummmm

like 3 times transunion...yikes!

4. curious

curious Well-Known Member

Look at my post above. I just called and found out I was approved. I asked which bureau they used when the credit analyst called me, a week ago, and she told me that they pulled my Equifax. Perhaps it has to do with us living in different states, I don't know. I have heard that some credit card companies have access to all three bureaus, but do primary business from one particular one, but you can call up and request that they pull the one of their alternate bureaus. Hope this helps.

You should have no problem obtaining one. I have just started building credit (credit cards) within the last year. I got my first credit card this year. I was declined when I applied for just a MBNA card, but I applied for the Barnes and Noble and got approved.

Let me know how it goes.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

curious,
    MBNA pulled credit either from Experian or Transunion but they reviewed account from Transunion or Equifax.

Ron

6. Paul

Paul Guest

Many creditors use a 3rd party service for their bureaus, and customize their "pulling" preferences... In other words, they can ask for a particular bureau, or ask that best bureau be pulled based on applicant zip code, or of course, a merged report from 2 or more repositories.

In my company, we use best bureau based on applicant zip code..

Perhaps this is what MBNA does as well..

Paul

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I dont know. I applied for the Barnes and Nobles card and was denied recently.

roni

8. Jugnoo

Jugnoo Well-Known Member

I'm in Georgia and they pulled my TU and Experian. I think they pull a second report after you qualify through one. So if you have been declined, you may have hard inquiries on one or two reports. But if you have been approved you would have hard inquiries on two reports.